DirecTV Now is now AT&T TV

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by vertical smile, Jul 30, 2019.

1. vertical smile macrumors 68040

vertical smile

I got an email this morning that TV streaming service DirecTV Now will be renamed to AT&T TV Now.

Here is the email:

A can't remember who or what thread it was, but at least one person called this several months ago.

2. furbzv1 macrumors 65816

furbzv1

3. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

AT&T keeps changing everything, like they lack a real strategy.

4. fmenard macrumors newbie

I've been an AT&T customer for around 20 years on cell, and DirecTV for approximately the same length of time. I don't know if others have the same viewpoint as I do, but since AT&T bought DirecTV the company's personality has changed. This renaming of a service is just another example. I change physical locations twice a year, and most times have to call DirecTV's help desk three or more times to get a simple changeover accomplished. Once the reason for the call has been dealt with, someone tries to push some service I don't want or need on me. I often get multiple calls from them pushing an unwanted product or service. Remember U-Verse? To be flat ugly about it, I'm reminded of a used car salesman in white imitation alligator belt and shoes and double knit slacks. This passes for "strategy", I guess. My business is going anywhere but AT&T/DirecTV. Anything would almost have to be better - Verizon or T-Mobile, Dish...

5. Beelzbub macrumors 6502

I am also an AT&T customer, cell only. I had DirecTV for about 20 years as well, in my opinion, they had the best customer service. They were easy to work with, and understand. When AT&T bought them, their customer service went to crap. Calling in to speak to someone was a pain, often getting someone with a very thick foreign accent that I just could not understand. Ended up ditching them last year and went the streaming route. At first I went with DirecTV Now as they had the same channel lineup I pretty much had with Satellite (accept all my locals, main 4), but when they started messing with channels and upping the price, I ended up going the YouTube TV route and could not be happier, sure there are a couple channels we don't get anymore, but there are also a few we get that we never received before, including all my locals now (the main 4). I do not see myself going back to them for TV again, quite happy with my streaming options at a huge savings.

6. ApplesandOranges macrumors regular

ApplesandOranges