Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

DirecTV Now is now AT&T TV

vertical smile

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
I got an email this morning that TV streaming service DirecTV Now will be renamed to AT&T TV Now.

Here is the email:

email from AT&T said:
We’d like to share some new changes coming to DIRECTV NOW℠!

In an effort to deliver the best service possible across our products, we will soon be reintroducing the DIRECTV NOW experience as AT&T TV NOW.

In the coming weeks, your DIRECTV NOW app will change to AT&T TV, but will continue to deliver the same great streaming entertainment. As an existing customer, your service will carry on as usual without any interruptions.

If automatic updates are not enabled on your device, you will be directed to download the updated app when you login. Simply follow the onscreen instructions and accept the Terms and Conditions to update.

There will be no changes to any network apps you’ve signed into. However, if you’ve signed into any network apps like USA, E! or ESPN and decide to sign out, you will need to select AT&T TV as your TV provider the next time you log in.

A can't remember who or what thread it was, but at least one person called this several months ago.

shinji

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2007
AT&T keeps changing everything, like they lack a real strategy.

Comment

fmenard

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2005
Daytona Beach, FL
I've been an AT&T customer for around 20 years on cell, and DirecTV for approximately the same length of time. I don't know if others have the same viewpoint as I do, but since AT&T bought DirecTV the company's personality has changed. This renaming of a service is just another example. I change physical locations twice a year, and most times have to call DirecTV's help desk three or more times to get a simple changeover accomplished. Once the reason for the call has been dealt with, someone tries to push some service I don't want or need on me. I often get multiple calls from them pushing an unwanted product or service. Remember U-Verse? To be flat ugly about it, I'm reminded of a used car salesman in white imitation alligator belt and shoes and double knit slacks. This passes for "strategy", I guess. My business is going anywhere but AT&T/DirecTV. Anything would almost have to be better - Verizon or T-Mobile, Dish...

Comment

Beelzbub

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2012
I've been an AT&T customer for around 20 years on cell, and DirecTV for approximately the same length of time. I don't know if others have the same viewpoint as I do, but since AT&T bought DirecTV the company's personality has changed. This renaming of a service is just another example. I change physical locations twice a year, and most times have to call DirecTV's help desk three or more times to get a simple changeover accomplished. Once the reason for the call has been dealt with, someone tries to push some service I don't want or need on me. I often get multiple calls from them pushing an unwanted product or service. Remember U-Verse? To be flat ugly about it, I'm reminded of a used car salesman in white imitation alligator belt and shoes and double knit slacks. This passes for "strategy", I guess. My business is going anywhere but AT&T/DirecTV. Anything would almost have to be better - Verizon or T-Mobile, Dish...

I am also an AT&T customer, cell only. I had DirecTV for about 20 years as well, in my opinion, they had the best customer service. They were easy to work with, and understand. When AT&T bought them, their customer service went to crap. Calling in to speak to someone was a pain, often getting someone with a very thick foreign accent that I just could not understand. Ended up ditching them last year and went the streaming route. At first I went with DirecTV Now as they had the same channel lineup I pretty much had with Satellite (accept all my locals, main 4), but when they started messing with channels and upping the price, I ended up going the YouTube TV route and could not be happier, sure there are a couple channels we don't get anymore, but there are also a few we get that we never received before, including all my locals now (the main 4). I do not see myself going back to them for TV again, quite happy with my streaming options at a huge savings.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.