Disc Image backup to iPod?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by eclipse, Nov 11, 2008.

1. eclipse macrumors 6502a

eclipse

Hi all,
    for a while I've been frustrated that Pages didn't have a password function, but I'm told any computer thief worth their paycheque can crack any password I think up in 20 seconds anyway. "Easy money" as John Conner would say.

So, I have a few pages files and other things with passwords, business plans and stuff I'd like to keep secret. (Like the map to the nuclear bomb. Only kidding! :D Or am I? ;))

How do I plonk all these things into a secure folder and then have that secure folder backed up? Is there a quick way to do this? How long does it take to download stuff out of that folder/file?

Lastly, is there a quick way to sync this with my iPod as my storage medium? Or should I get a key-drive for this?

2. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

Start "Disk Utility". "New Disk Image from folder" in the File menu. Once that is done you choose 256 bit encryption and a good password. The password is what makes it crackable in 20 seconds or absolutely beyond the reach of any thief.

3. eclipse thread starter macrumors 6502a

eclipse

so something like supermanatemypants**** year of my birth is good enough? "Doh!" gave the game away... ;)

4. eclipse thread starter macrumors 6502a

eclipse

Blargh! Disc Image takes FOREVER!!!!! Why oh why can't Pages just have a password function of it's own?