Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itsmed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
ireland
hi im going to buy a new mbp soon and the cheaper i can get it the better. ;);) is there any way off getting discount off apple im not a student so i cant get student discount thanks.

handheldgames

macrumors 68000
Apr 4, 2009
Pacific NW, USA
Developers get a great discount for hardware purchases, access to upcoming operating systems, etc. For the $99 developer registration fee, you get a copy of leopard and one discounted purchase from the apple store online @ ADC prices. I just leveraged mine for a MBP 15" and saved $500+ over retail/online discounts.

hi im going to buy a new mbp soon and the cheaper i can get it the better. ;);) is there any way off getting discount off apple im not a student so i cant get student discount thanks.

mcapanelli

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2008
Ellijay, GA
I went to best buy to get my MBP and they took $100 off the top. I just brought in a printed page from new egg and they matched the price. They ran it through as if they were matching the education discount. Remember to be nice and be ready to buy right then and there. Normally they don't match internet prices but in this retail climate they'll cut you some slack as far as that's concerned.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC

You can try Amazon or MacMall. They have good prices.

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
I got my MBP from an authorised Apple reseller that sold absolutely nothing but Macs, iPods and their accessories (in other words, it was pretty much the closest thing I could’ve gotten to an Apple Store without actually going to an Apple Store). When the guy asked if I wanted to buy one, I just said “sure, what’s the best deal you can give me?”.

Walked away with the MBP for $3150 (normally $3200), iWork ’09 for $99 (normally $129), AppleCare for $399 (normally $549) and a free neoprene sleeve (normally $50).

Altogether it was $3648 – as opposed to the $3928 that it was worth; I saved $280, pretty good deal.

(All prices are in Australian dollars).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.