discount

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by itsmed, Apr 7, 2009.

1. itsmed macrumors regular

itsmed

hi im going to buy a new mbp soon and the cheaper i can get it the better. ;);) is there any way off getting discount off apple im not a student so i cant get student discount thanks.

2. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

3. handheldgames macrumors 6502a

handheldgames

Developers get a great discount for hardware purchases, access to upcoming operating systems, etc. For the $99 developer registration fee, you get a copy of leopard and one discounted purchase from the apple store online @ ADC prices. I just leveraged mine for a MBP 15" and saved $500+ over retail/online discounts.

4. felt. macrumors 6502a

the $99 deal is for students, something the OP is not

5. mcapanelli macrumors regular

mcapanelli

I went to best buy to get my MBP and they took $100 off the top. I just brought in a printed page from new egg and they matched the price. They ran it through as if they were matching the education discount. Remember to be nice and be ready to buy right then and there. Normally they don't match internet prices but in this retail climate they'll cut you some slack as far as that's concerned.

6. zorahk macrumors 6502

Not that I advocate this, but everyone is a student online, if you get my drift.

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You can try Amazon or MacMall. They have good prices.

8. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Try Ebay Nigeria, remember to pay your monies by Western Union.

Jokes aside, since your buying a MBP it may be worth looking into the ADC

9. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I got my MBP from an authorised Apple reseller that sold absolutely nothing but Macs, iPods and their accessories (in other words, it was pretty much the closest thing I could’ve gotten to an Apple Store without actually going to an Apple Store). When the guy asked if I wanted to buy one, I just said “sure, what’s the best deal you can give me?”.

Walked away with the MBP for $3150 (normally $3200), iWork ’09 for $99 (normally $129), AppleCare for $399 (normally $549) and a free neoprene sleeve (normally $50).

Altogether it was $3648 – as opposed to the $3928 that it was worth; I saved $280, pretty good deal.

(All prices are in Australian dollars).