Discounts on new MBPs @ BH

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TazmoStarkana, Nov 14, 2016.

1. TazmoStarkana macrumors regular

When does BH Photo Video start offering discounts on new orders of MBPs? Is it exactly on black Friday or after or?

2. J D A macrumors member

J D A

Lets be real tea these things aren't getting discounted that quickly.

3. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I agree with JDA. I wouldn't expect any discount. Also, B&H does not take returns (once opened) unless there is a physical / hardware problem with the Mac.

4. TazmoStarkana thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the heads up! I doubt there will be any issues with the purchase. Never had issues with Apple products. Only concern is a dead pixel or two but they're so densely packed I'd hardly notice them. We'll see...

My main reason for ordering from BH is to avoid paying that pesky sales tax.

5. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Smart move on the tax. I will probably purchase AppleCare from them, as they offer a better price than anyone else I have found. Hope all goes well with your purchase.

6. Lightsaber macrumors member

Not true. Microcenter already has the new 13 inch $1499 model on sale for $1299.

7. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Not seeing any discount on their site for my local area.

8. burgman macrumors 65816

burgman

Too bad they don't ship most Apple Laptops, in store only.

9. jackoatmon macrumors 6502a

jackoatmon

discounts?!

they just start arriving in the mail today

and they're apple's best selling laptop ever

discount incoming in 365 days when they launch the next laptop

10. Qwe9203 macrumors member

There will be good discounts on these in next few weeks. $100-$200 off for the holidays.

11. justinf77 macrumors 6502

Thanks so much for posting this! I almost ordered from B&H and had no idea they have such a restrictive return policy.

12. Mcdevidr macrumors 6502a

Just got mine price matched to the micro center amount from best buy. Its great as it saves $200. Just opened the mail and got a $300 tax bill for my car. Gotta love that.

This is on the base model so it brought it down to $1250 with edu discount.

13. tivoboy macrumors 68030

BH doesn't actually really offer many discounts on Apple laptops. Maybe $50, or a free perk like a copy of parallels, but actually getting a measurable discount above text savings is not their marketing objectives

14. TazmoStarkana thread starter macrumors regular

I think you're right about that. I think the highest discount might be $100 for the touchbar models. And that will be either on black friday, around christmas, or after it.

15. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Luckily, I qualify for Apple's educational discount, so even with tax, most new MBPs and iMacs come in cheaper buying them directly from Apple. If you don't qualify for Apple's discount programs, then B&H Photo is a great place to buy from, as long as you don't mind waiting for initial stock.

I've purchased tens of thousands of dollars from B&H for over 10 years now and they have a great return policy. As long as you're not trying to do things like "I want to return it because I just now decided that I really don't want it" or "There was a nick on the exterior of the box" then you'll be fine. But if you're part of the obsessive-compulsive-unrealistic crowd that does populate these forums and you want a return policy that you can truly abuse, then you may want to go with Apple while they still put up with your BS.

As for the existing prices, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw B&H discount the new MBPs $50 to $75 this Holiday Season, but I definitely wouldn't count on it either.

Cheers,
    Bryan

16. TazmoStarkana thread starter macrumors regular

I'm curious what on earth do you need a 20 TB OWC ThunderBay 4 RAID 5 for?

17. bizack macrumors 6502

Return policy is quite bad - you can't return any open box computer.

18. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

I'm a full-time photographer and videographer. The full-frame 4K 60fps files from my Canon 1D X Mark II weigh in at 5.7 GB a minute, so having a lot of fast storage is paramount to my work. Believe it or not, I anticipate adding an additional RAID set-up in 2017 giving me an additional 24 TBs of storage.

19. tivoboy macrumors 68030

Well lookee there, bH is today offering $100-$200 discounts on some of the new 13 inch moms

20. Macalway macrumors 68020

Interesting. These have been in stock for a few days, while the touch bar models have not.

21. a1016neo macrumors regular

a1016neo

Is there a link to this discount? Thanks.

22. SweetLou122 macrumors regular

BB let you price match and use an EDU discount?

23. cibonak macrumors regular

cibonak

24. Mcdevidr macrumors 6502a

Well they price matched after the fact. Just got the receipt it appears they gave me a $225 reduction so the total amount was $275 off. Then I used some small rewards cert.

25. shadow82x macrumors 6502

Did BH start shipping yet? Looks like these are all on preorder.