Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CodeRaven

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2008
Florida
I have bought a few Best Buy open box items and they have all been like brand new. I guess it can be a hit or a miss. You have 14 days to return for a full refund. There you have nothing to lose. It is worth trying.

Also since they have a 14 day refund time limit, the person that originally bought, it could not have had it longer than 14 days.

Thanks!

jae110488

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2018
Florida
Where do you even find the open box items?
usually when you click on an item and it brings you to the product page, right around the 'add to cart' button there is an open box link... if there is no link then they do not have any open box for that item, like there was 12-15ish loops but only 7ish of them had an open box available.

CodeRaven

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2008
Florida
usually when you click on an item and it brings you to the product page, right around the 'add to cart' button there is an open box link... if there is no link then they do not have any open box for that item, like there was 12-15ish loops but only 7ish of them had an open box available.

Didn’t matter anyways, such a maddening website. Find it, says “not in my area, not available for curbside pickup, free shipping to me”. Decide to do it, add it to my cart, says free shipping - go to click purchase and “shipping not available”...... so bloody crazy.... in the long run, really don’t need to be spending any more until I get all my 1to3 and @toxtrepla purchases paid off.....;)

• Haha
Reactions: mikedop

ripsaw650

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2015
Utah

CodeRaven

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2008
Florida
the cornflower sport loop, i refreshed after i paypal'd it and it was out of stock. i guess we will see if i get it....

Well, I got my Cornflower loop from 1to3 today. @jae110488 - did we get best case scenario and you got yours as well?

Cornflower.jpg

CodeRaven

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2008
Florida
ugh i wish, ebay says 7/11 usps says 7/13 ? ?

Keeping fingers crossed for you!
[automerge]1594416987[/automerge]
He had cornflower? ? Must’ve only been a few. Always no stock since I’ve looked (from the beginning).

He was out, then one day, it popped back up as available - and just about as quickly - went to out of stock again. I guess I was successful at sneaking in quickly when I saw it. I think @jae110488 did as well, but is currently awaiting delivery from the beloved USPS.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Got my sport loop in the mail today from 1to3shop-store :)

I love my sport band, but it’s always either slightly too loose or slightly too tight. I like how the sport loop is infinitely adjustable. So is my leather loop, but it’s probably not a good idea to workout with it lol

Reactions: JBlass421

Pitch

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2011
Someone on the main thread had one, but I forgot who it was. It was a really early model, so I don’t think they’re around anymore.
I think I know what you’re talking about. It was a brown sports band, right? It had some but not all of the markings and the lugs matched and people were trying to figure out if it was a never released brown prototype or a knockoff?

jamieinoc

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2020
Knockoffs don’t have the size markings as the one in the pictures in the listing @jamieinoc posted does. At least I’ve never seen any knockoff bands of any kind with the size markings.
1to3 shop has only sent me genuine bands. I have bought 25 bands from him and every single one has been sealed and genuine. @Pitch is also correct. Every knockoff leather loop I have ever seen does not have the size markings and/or the “natural leather” text with the icon. They also do not come in Apple retail boxes. The band fakers are exceedingly lazy and do not bother to make convincing fake boxes.

Edit: I just realized you meant the flash loop. It hasn’t been delivered yet. I will get it Monday. @Pitch is still correct as I’ve only seen one possible fake sport loop with size markings. I shall let you all know when I receive flash and will post pics.

Edit 2: Oh boy, this guy that sold me the flash loop does have an obviously fake black silicone case listed. I will need to look very closely at this flash loop when it arrives to authenticate it, particularly with that fake electric pink with size markings earlier this week. The fake case: https://www.ebay.com/itm/324190425846

Last edited:
Reactions: CodeRaven and Pitch

Pitch

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2011
1to3 shop has only sent me genuine bands. I have bought 25 bands from him and every single one has been sealed and genuine. @Pitch is also correct. Every knockoff leather loop I have ever seen does not have the size markings and/or the “natural leather” text with the icon. They also do not come in Apple retail boxes. The band fakers are exceedingly lazy and do not bother to make convincing fake boxes.

Edit: I just realized you meant the flash loop. It hasn’t been delivered yet. I will get it Monday. @Pitch is still correct as I’ve only seen one possible fake sport loop with size markings. I shall let you all know when I receive flash and will post pics.

Edit 2: Oh boy, this guy that sold me the flash loop does have an obviously fake black silicone case listed. I will need to look very closely at this flash loop when it arrives to authenticate it, particularly with that fake electric pink with size markings earlier this week. The fake case: https://www.ebay.com/itm/324190425846
You mean to tell me Apple’s not based in Cupertion?! ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.