Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamieinoc

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2020
Not sure if anyone looking for this.

Flash yellow sport band 42/44mm

Also available: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-A...2mm-strap-Flash-yellow-MQUV2FE-A/392836095420

jamieinoc

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2020
Hey everyone:

If anyone ever wants a copy of the band serial/model # spreadsheet, please don’t ask if you can have a copy.

Always assume that the answer is YES with me and just send me your email.

I made this for all of us to use and have. It’s my pleasure to share it with everyone.

Thanks!
You’re awesome dude, thanks for everything you do for us.

techno-Zen

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
I'm assuming this thread is for below retail cost? I may be listing a variety of 42/44mm bands sometime soon but some will be over current retail band depending. Bands in bold right now are on my consider to sell list - All bands are essentially new/like new. Most with boxes.

Just gauging this community interest before listing on MR sales forum and reddit

Sport BandSport LoopNike Sport BandNike Sport LoopMilanese LoopWoven Nylon
White 1st GenSpearmintMidnight TurqoiseHyper Crimson/Neptune GreenSilverBlack Stripe
Black 1st Gen (SG PIN)KhakiPure Platimum BlackOlive FlakBrown/Coffee
Product Red 1st GenSunshineRoyal PulseCelestial Teal
Surf BlueVitamin CBlack/VoltSpruce Fog
Blue HorizonCeruleanPride 2020Black
GrayBlack/Lime BlastSummit White
CactusAnthracite/Black
FlashSilver/Volt
SpearmintDesert Sand/Black
Pride 2020
Vitamin C
Fog
Delft Blue
Lemonade
Khaki

Last edited:
Reactions: Cotypubby

kryptticAZ

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Just snagged a “Silver/Yellow” (aka Flat Silver/Volt) from this guy along with 7 other bands. great price and @Pitch got one in great condition so I’m full steam ahead on filling out my Nike collection.

Am I crazy, or do these Nike bands feel a little more flimsy than the other sport bands? The ones I received from this guy look almost brand new, but they feel a little thinner and slide in easier than other bands. Are warranty replacement or demo bands (which I presume these are) different from retail bands in any way?
[automerge]1594858672[/automerge]
So, I just got this flat silver/yellow in the mail that I bought on eBay for $20. I was waiting to make sure it’s legit before posting. They have a bunch of other Nike bands. It’s the same seller I posted the $30 dollar Milanese from the other day. The Milanese is also legit.
View attachment 928475 View attachment 928476

Am I crazy, or do these Nike bands feel a little more flimsy than the other sport bands? The ones I received from this guy look almost brand new, but they feel a little thinner and slide in easier than other bands. Are warranty replacement or demo bands (which I presume these are) different from retail bands in any way?

Reactions: CodeRaven

jamieinoc

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2020
I'm assuming this thread is for below retail cost? I may be listing a variety of bands sometime soon but some will be over current retail band depending. Bands in bold right now are on my consider to sell list - All bands are essentially new/like new. Most with boxes.

Just gauging this community interest before listing on MR sales forum and reddit

Sport BandSport LoopNike Sport BandNike Sport LoopMilanese LoopWoven Nylon
White 1st GenSpearmintMidnight TurqoiseHyper Crimson/Neptune GreenSilverBlack Stripe
Black 1st Gen (SG PIN)KhakiPure Platimum BlackOlive FlakBrown/Coffee
Product Red 1st GenSunshineRoyal PulseCelestial Teal
Surf BlueVitamin CBlack/VoltSpruce Fog
Blue HorizonCeruleanPride 2020Black
GrayBlack/Lime BlastSummit White
CactusAnthracite/Black
FlashSilver/Volt
SpearmintDesert Sand/Black
Pride 2020
Vitamin C
Fog
Delft Blue
Lemonade
Khaki
Is this 42mm? If so I would be interested in spearmint loop, depending on the price.

Which bands did you buy? I know the older bands were a different formulation, so maybe that accounts for the difference you’re feeling?

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord

My totally uneducated pet theory that covers both feel and weight and slide-in issues is that this new softness they’re pulling off across more colors is part and parcel with more variance?

Nike pride and surf blue feel super thin and flexy when I hold it by the base and jiggle it...and then my lime blast sport band is so thick it barely slides in without a struggle.

Also I’ve found sliding in from left or right makes a difference sometimes. For the record I don’t think the “defects” around bands that don’t click in are real...

jamieinoc

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2020
It's the older Nike OEM bands (Flat Silver/Volt, Flat Silver/White, Black/Volt, and Black/Gray) that seem a bit "off" to me.
I can can tell you that my black/cool grey that was obtained outside of this particular seller also feels more thin than new generation bands. With the updated formula they made it definitely seems that they made the bands more rigid.

Reactions: twanj and CodeRaven

techno-Zen

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
I can can tell you that my black/cool grey that was obtained outside of this particular seller also feels more thin than new generation bands. With the updated formula they made it definitely seems that they made the bands more rigid.
Yeah, I had that band. It was definitely a flimsy band. I sold it pretty quick

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Just thought I’d share an eBay data point...the blue horizon peer pressure was getting overwhelming and I found a $43 “seller refurbished” listing. Usually I like that condition because it secretly means open box/no box/brand new. But there was no picture and a very honest 7/8 out of 10 rating. But I can’t be spending over retail for any blue completionist compulsions and it was the only one in 40mm. I was ready to live with shine or whatever and work on cleaning it with one of the methods furnished by our lovely community.

Just arrived and it’s mint in a damaged af box that was returned to Macy’s back when they sold bands. Sometimes the world can surprise you!

8E97C2C3-F14D-4395-9952-89534F124663.jpeg

nszb

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2009
Even the Germany & New Zealand olympics?

No, I do not have those two. They’re so rare i figured I wouldn’t get into them...unless someone on here happens to have a connect? I do have close your rings woven nylon though.

I’m new here but actually, I have a 38mm Germany woven nylon in “like new” condition that I’m willing to sell if anyone interested.

Last edited:

jamieinoc

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2020
I’m new here but actually, I have a 38mm Germany woven nylon in “like new” condition that I’m willing to sell if anyone interested.
I’m a 42mm, but thanks for the offer. I’m sure someone here will be interested.

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
Just thought I’d share an eBay data point...the blue horizon peer pressure was getting overwhelming and I found a $43 “seller refurbished” listing. Usually I like that condition because it secretly means open box/no box/brand new. But there was no picture and a very honest 7/8 out of 10 rating. But I can’t be spending over retail for any blue completionist compulsions and it was the only one in 40mm. I was ready to live with shine or whatever and work on cleaning it with one of the methods furnished by our lovely community.

Just arrived and it’s mint in a damaged af box that was returned to Macy’s back when they sold bands. Sometimes the world can surprise you!

View attachment 934474

Thats very strange, i returned a unused42 blue horizon to macy’s a long time ago lol!

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord

Cotypubby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2020
I’m very curious to see if this works out, Amazon does not look inside these boxes. Somehow the “good” condition makes me trust it more.
Yup, at least Amazon will refund it if the item isn’t what it says it is. I actually just ordered something (not a band) from Amazon Warehouse and when it arrived yesterday the box was correct but the item inside was a different cheaper version of what I actually ordered! ? Someone switched it out! Sent it back immediately.

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
Woah, this seller also has Celestial & Olive Flak in 38mm

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.