Disk Space in Finder

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by clarenceworley, Jul 26, 2011.

1. clarenceworley macrumors newbie

Is there anyway to get the disk space availability on the bottom of the finder back? It is a pain in the butt to have to go to info every time I want to know how much space I have. I haven't seen an option for it, but maybe there is a terminal command someone knows?

2. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

3. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

With a Finder window open, go to Menu Finder > View > Show Status Bar.

I've had enabled so long, it drove me crazy for a bit until I found the option again. "Show Path Bar" is there, too.

4. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

Thanks, gr8tfly. I knew it must be somewhere. Man, I've been using Macs every day for 27 years and I've never felt so lost as with Lion. :confused: Some stuff you know is probably there but you have to find it, some stuff might just be gone though (like apparently the hex value readout in Digital Color Meter).

5. clarenceworley thread starter macrumors newbie

Ha! I can't believe I missed that. Thanks for pointing out the obvious! Much appreciated :)

6. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Glad to help. :)

At least, Lion didn't change this option or remove it. It just messed with the settings. It has literally been years that I've had the option enabled (probably since it was first available) - I was racking my brain trying to remember where it was (and, I'm a "power user" myself :) ).