Disk Utility and Snow Leopard [Question]

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Keniff, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Keniff macrumors 6502a

Keniff

OK, just did the upgrade to SL, and after any new install of any software (out of habit) I tend to do a Disk Utility/Repair Disc Permissions.
    This was the message I got at the end (below)

----------

Repairing permissions for “Hard Drive”
    Permissions differ on "private/etc/postfix/main.cf.default", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are -r--r--r-- .
    Repaired "private/etc/postfix/main.cf.default".
    Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Permissions repair complete

-----------

What the eFF is:

"Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired"

Is it a concern?

Thanks in advance....

2. robotfist macrumors member

Me Too

I have the same errors.

JUST updated the system with a clean install. Haven't even added programs yet. I'm getting:

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.

and

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DesktopServicesPriv.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Locum" has been modified and will not be repaired.

3. EmeraldICE macrumors member

Hmm. I literally just completed a fresh install of SL and I'm getting those two errors also.

4. BaCaRdI macrumors newbie

hey,
    i also having this problem.

have any expert around whom can solve this problem.

5. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

6. UnclKracker macrumors newbie

UnclKracker

SUID warning: ARDagent

I've noticed if I turn off Remote Management then use get info and change the permissions and run Disk Utility again the changed permissions are found and repaired.

Turning RM on again and repairing permissions results in the SUID warning again.

Maybe the warning is informing us that user changed permissions will not be repaired since they are not damaged??