Dismissing SBSettings hangs springboard for 30 seconds

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by geko29, Dec 29, 2011.

1. geko29 macrumors 6502

Upgraded to 5.0.1 this morning, and was doing fine except for a hang when dismissing the sbsettings window (either by closing it, or by clicking "more"). Figured it was some package incompatibility, so I did a clean restore, added a few packages at a time, and didn't notice the issue. Then I restored my iTunes backup and the problem returned.

What happens is, when you either close the SBsettings window or go into one of its menus, the window itself animates away smoothly, then the interface completely stops doing anything for 30 seconds. Then everything goes back to normal.

Anybody seen this? Know how to fix it? Failing that, how do I back up my app settings (game saves, account info, etc) so that I can at least get back most of my stuff if I have to set up as new?

2. bushbabywas macrumors member

Yeah I've had this since I JB 5.0.1 semi-tethered a while ago. I added SBSettings to the Notification Center instead and stopped using the dropdown window. If you use LockInfo you can also add it to the lockscreen to (more than) compensate for the dropdown not working there.

However, SBSettings in the NC doesn't seem to refresh RAM or IP address information, unfortunately.

3. Kayan macrumors 6502

I don't think that I have replicated your exact issue but I did have an instance where I was clicking the "respiring" button in my Notification Center and then the whole pulldown when kind of blank and just sat there spinning a beach ball as if it were working on restringing but it never did, so I had to restart my phone manually.

4. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

Try a different theme for SBSettings. I had the 30 sec lag with some but not with others.

5. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

6. geko29 thread starter macrumors 6502