Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bgranz10

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I have a 13" 2018 MacBook Pro with a Touch Bar. I love the computer and it is my first MacBook however I've encountered some issues that have me somewhat worried. I get distorted colors on my display when updating the software. They are quick flashes of color on the screen, usually they flash for less than a second. I've seen green, blue and red. I never have this issue when using the computer but it's till worrisome since its a brand new computer. I also used to see this happen after waking the computer from an extended period of time (24 hours or more) but that issue has seemed to disappear. Im wondering if this behavior is normal or I should bring it into the apple store to get checked out? Any information on the topic would be greatly appreciated.

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
I have a 13" 2018 MacBook Pro with a Touch Bar. I love the computer and it is my first MacBook however I've encountered some issues that have me somewhat worried. I get distorted colors on my display when updating the software. They are quick flashes of color on the screen, usually they flash for less than a second. I've seen green, blue and red. I never have this issue when using the computer but it's till worrisome since its a brand new computer. I also used to see this happen after waking the computer from an extended period of time (24 hours or more) but that issue has seemed to disappear. Im wondering if this behavior is normal or I should bring it into the apple store to get checked out? Any information on the topic would be greatly appreciated.

It could just be a software issue or something; Certainly doesn't happen on any of my Macs though, but I don't have any of that model.
I would recommend having it checked out ASAP, just to be sure

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.