Displaying battery status with time?

Buck1

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 24, 2011
How can I on my MacBook AIR 11 (2012 edition) can change the setting of displaying status of it on the infrormation bar:

I do not see any option to set with time to run out of battery. (estimated time of life)

Is there any way how to set it?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
This is already being discussed in several threads:
From the CHECKING STATUS AND HEALTH section of the following link:
On the MBPr and on Mountain Lion, the Menu Bar battery indicator no longer offers "Time Remaining" as an option on the Menu Bar. It still appears in the dropdown menu.
You can use this app to get the same functionality: SlimBatteryMonitor

From the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link:
  • Your "time remaining" indication is an ever-changing estimate, based on the current workload of your system. It will fluctuate up and down from minute to minute as your power demands change. It is not perfectly accurate, but only an estimate.
This should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions:

Last edited:

jav6454

macrumors P6
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
How can I on my MacBook AIR 11 (2012 edition) can change the setting of displaying status of it on the infrormation bar:

I do not see any option to set with time to run out of battery. (estimated time of life)

Is there any way how to set it?
Settings > Energy Saver > Check the box that says "Display Battery Status". If you want further information regarding your battery, Google "coconutBattery" and download it. It is a nice free and handy battery monitoring app.

Last edited by a moderator:

Buck1

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 24, 2011
Deleted by moderator
Ok I respect it. I try to more find out through the forum. Apologize for it.

Anyway my settings screenshots. Do not see anywhere to set remaining time:

Last edited by a moderator: