Displaying The Date On Lock Screen While Playing Music

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kaielement, Mar 29, 2012.

1. kaielement macrumors 65816

I have searched around and could not find an answer to this. I have an iPad 2 running update firmware 5.1. I use my iPad a lot and listen to music on it a lot. Maybe their is no answere to this. So when I turn off the screen I sometimes hit the home or lock button to see what time it is. But it doesn't display the date unless nothing is playing. I guess I am used to my iPhone running 5.1 that even if you are listing to music it shows date and time on lock screen and you have to double click to get to what you are listing to. So I guess what I am asking is their a way to do this or not. Any suggestions would be great.

2. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

You're right, I never noticed this but there is no way to get the date on the lock screen when the music is playing.

Just another thing apple has overlooked. There's tons of room on the screen to put the date.

3. kaielement thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks I thought I was going crazy lol because in the iPhone it shows the normal lock screen and you have to double click the home button to get to the what am I listening to screen. May be there's something we are missing if not I think that apple should update that..

4. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

Apple is weird like that. I'm not a hater, I have the pad and the phone.

But, they are stubborn about simple features. Like mark all as read in the mail app, downloading an app and still browsing the app store, inability to have automatically changing wallpaper, stuff like that. They're really stubborn, like it's beneath them to do something other companies have done.

5. tigress666 macrumors 68040

And this is why though I like their hardware and love their OS's in general (even with the quirks you mention), I hate their software. Cause most of their software is so simple it seems to leave out basic or very useful features. And I am by far a power user that needs a lot of complicated features.

And yeah, I'm not a hater either by far (I love my MBP,iphone,ipod ;) ), but I think you nailed it on the head about one downfall of liking Apple stuff.

6. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

7. kaielement thread starter macrumors 65816

No all that does is bring up the music player buttons..... I mean you can see the date when no music is playing but when music is playing all you see is the album art in the lock screen. It's a bit weid because the iPhone doesn't do this so it's a bit strange lol

8. homeboy macrumors 6502

This is the reason why some people jailbreak. I guess you have got to take the good with the bad.

9. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

I also owned a MacBook for 9 months and I hated it. I so prefer windows computers and I will never buy another Mac. But the mobile devices are the opposite.

10. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Try looking at a calendar and then remembering the date. Problem solved.

11. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

There's the standard, required, snotty remark. You almost managed to not get one!

12. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

No kidding, how often do you need to check the date

13. kaielement thread starter macrumors 65816

So sad I hate my one and only computer running windows I never use it. But I own two Macs and I love them and I won't use anything else pretty much all I own is Apple call me a fanboy got some iPods iPhone 4 and iPad 2. lol I am such a nerd.

----------

Yes that would I was just asking about this because I haven't used my iPad much until now and I guess I was just used to my iPhone lol

14. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I just tried this on my iPad and my iPhone, and they behave the same.

When no music is playing, they both display date and time on the lock screen.

When music is playing, on both the iPhone and iPad, the date is replaced by the name of the currently playing song.

My iPhone and iPad are both running iOS 5.1.

15. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

There might be legitimate reasons. Perhaps he/she has short term memory issues, or visual reasons that he/she would like to see it on the iPad. Tell me you haven't checked your phone or pad for the date at one point or another.

16. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

Yes, I have checked the date on my iPhone and on my iPad. But I don't need it constantly in my face to remind me what the date is.

17. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

I understand that you don't; other people might.

18. kaielement thread starter macrumors 65816

Update after one of the iOS updates sadly I have noticed that my iPhone does the same thing the iPad does its so stupid. I want my lock screen even when music is playing. If I didn't care about these things I would just use my iPod music all the time lol just my thoughts