Dissapointed in my iPad/me

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bigbro1096, Nov 5, 2010.

1. bigbro1096 macrumors 6502a

Well I got the 16GB wifi iPad and wow! I have 9.9GB left and have like no apps I'm disappointed because I had dreams about all the apps I was gonna have on the iPad but I have maybe 3 that I actually use. Any apps to recommend and post how much space you have left : ) ps I love my iPad and my iPad and iPhone 4 have matching wallpapers ;)

2. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

I'm a bit confused on what your stating.

From the 16GB capacity on the iPad.

With 9GB left, what is taking up the 7GB? Music?

With 9GB left that enough for plenty of apps.

3. bigbro1096 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm disappointed in myself because I had dreams of having so many apps but I don't actually have a lot. Let me break it down: well first off I only actually had 14GB from the begining and I just edited some stuff so now I have 10.8GB free; I have 131 songs, 7 videos, 24 apps, 228 photos

4. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

for those 7 videos which would take a lot of space.

Watch them and delete them. No need to store them on the device for too long and waste space where you can add apps that would be more useful.

5. bigbro1096 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah I'll be able to delete all but 4. Any good free apps just for the iPad?

6. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

I don't know of any good free iPad apps except ABC Player.

7. bigbro1096 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Already have it and love it.... I guess that's why I don't have many apps : /

8. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

Theres a lot of great Paid apps. If you want to really see the iPad shine get some of the Paid apps.

9. iamthekiller macrumors 6502a

You have very sad dreams if they're about loading apps onto your ipad. Include me in those disappointed by you.

10. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

If you are into games there are more and more games coming to the iPad with 4.2 update. Other than that there are good productivity apps available now. 28 apps is not bad. I actually only use about half a dozen of my apps on a continuousbasis.

11. Jaro65, Nov 5, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2010

Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

Get the AppAdvice app. It will pay for itself with the first download. It is really great if you want to try some apps for free.

12. Crosbie macrumors 6502a

Crosbie

+1. Not only try, but often get your apps for free, or for a fraction of the cost.

13. andymodem macrumors 6502a

Zumocast. Streams music and videos over your network/internet to iOS devices.

14. bigbro1096 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I was expecting to use the iPad as a huge iPhone but wow I use it more like an laptop then anything else

15. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Uh, are you serious or trying to be humorous? It's sometimes hard to tell when there's no tone of voice or facial expressions.

16. MXSkier62 macrumors regular

For me personally, i have been using my ipad as a laptop replacement for the past few weeks and love it. I have an iMac stationed at home, and use the ipad for everthing else. I don't have really any writing that i need to do (this is really as much as I'd ever type on the iPad) so it's great to surf the web, read PDFs for school, and other random stuff.

17. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Ok, I see I need to clarify my remarks. I don't find it hard to believe that an iPad can replace a laptop, but the OP began this thread by stating that he was disappointed in his iPad. Then he suddenly says that he had expected the iPad to be like a big iPhone but it's more like a laptop. At this point, I got confused. He's disappointed that it's like a laptop? Or is he changing his original stance and saying he is satisfied with his iPad?

18. sapporobaby macrumors 68000

sapporobaby

Wait, where's Winni (whiny)? Surely he is not going to let this thread pass by without complaining about the iPad.

19. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

I think it's clueless.

20. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

+1 He must not have discovered this thread yet. :)

21. bigbro1096 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Let me clarify. I love the iPad but thought I was going to use it more as a big iPod touch but I actually use it as a laptop and do nothing on it that I do on my iPhone 4. I am disappointed, in me, that I have like no apps but I am disappointed in the iPad/Apple because of how little free apps there are. I then asked if there were any must have iPad apps. I sound like a complete idiot now but that's what happens when there is a 14 year old boy on a forum with mature adults.

22. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

23. bigbro1096 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Your right. The mods should just close this post