Distinguishing Identical iPhones for Couples

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by scem0, Jul 22, 2009.

1. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

My boyfriend and I both have identical, black 32GB iPhone 3GS's. We're constantly picking up each other's iPhones by accident. Neither of us want to get a case, but we want a way to distinguish the phones from one another.

I think we'd both be cool with some kind of sticker on the back. But, I can't imagine a sticker that wouldn't start to peel away after spending 2 years going in and out of my pocket, which is always full of lots of other crap. I tried googling to see if other people were having the same problem, but I didn't see anything.

Thanks for the help :),
    Emerson

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

3. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

You can always engrave an iPhone, or get an iPhone skin.

I have an iPhone skin on mine, and it's been about one six months, with no damage so far, and no peeling.

4. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

5. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

Yep. All it would take is a quick click and a look at the wallpaper. I would rather that than any kind of sticker.

6. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

Carve your names on the back, it's only cheap plastic, not like the iPhone 2G :D

7. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

That's what we do here. It just takes touching either button to see the background.

8. Scooterman1 macrumors 6502a

Scooterman1

Real parents can tell Twins apart. Besides, it's more fun 'your' way.

9. miggitymac macrumors 6502a

miggitymac

Buy cheap little dot stickers that you can stick on the back of the phone. The colorful ones that are the size of the holes in binder paper.

One phone has a dot, the other doesn't. They're cheap and come in packs of 50 or something, so if one dot falls off, just stick another on.

10. kate-willbury macrumors 6502a