Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Distributed Computing Forum Retirement

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
not sure who still monitors this forum, but we have been talking about closing this subforum. It may make more sense to create a Distributed Computing Mega-Thread in community forums instead.

Let me know if anyone has any strong feelings about this.

arn

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
not sure who still monitors this forum, but we have been talking about closing this subforum. It may make more sense to create a Distributed Computing Mega-Thread in community forums instead.

arn
I'm all in favor of the meg-thread idea and closing this forum.

Comment

TiggrToo

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2017
Out there...way out there

arn

Whatever happened to that discussion? Since then there’s been but one new thread.

Comment

retta283

macrumors 68030
Jun 8, 2018
Victoria, British Columbia
Been a while since this was posted, but it could probably be closed and sent to archive. Only 1 thread since then, which saw far more activity than past ones but died quickly. This thread of course related to dire events of recent, so it's not really an indicator of interest in distributed computing.

This is probably the most dead part of the forum altogether, so it may be time for it to go. On a side note, I'd also recommend closing OS X Panther subform in OS versions, as it's only had 2 posts since March 2005, one of which was a bot.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.