Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joe-h2o

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2012
Since it's better in every way.

Pros and Cons of the 15" MBP from my perspective:

Cons:
* It's physically bigger.
* It's heavier.
* It costs more.
* It runs hotter, especially with the dGPU going.

Pros:
* It has an extra couple of CPU cores which would be handy occasionally when I don't have access to my desktop machine.
* It would be marginally more damaging if I had to use it as a weapon, although it might be harder to swing than the 13".

Nope, pretty sure I made the right choice going with a 13".

Howard2k

macrumors 601
Mar 10, 2016
Went for the 13 because of the compromise of speed and portability. Still works just the same.

ajay96

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2013
I thought about it once or twice, but i'm happy with my 13" rMBP. It's lightweight and easy to carry from class to class when moving around in college.

TitanicManDC

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2015
I am very happy with my top of the line 13 inch rMBP. I had a 15 inch, and it was just too large and bulky to use as a portable machine for me. What I would really love is a rMBP in a MacBook Air body.

Reactions: Dydegu and xoAnna

xoAnna

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2013
Planet Earth…
No, I have a mid-2012 13" MBP and the size is perfect for my needs. Not too big and definitely not too small. For some things like intense photo editing or better sound quality a larger version may be more ideal but for me (I use LR and watch videos all the time on it) , its perfect. I hope I can get 13" when I'm due for a new Mac again. IMHO, the 15" is a bit large (especially for travel purposes, which I do a lot of as its part of my job) and the 13" battery seems to last longer.
Each to his/her own, however! My SO loves his 15" and is happy with the size, by the way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Closingracer

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
My main laptop is a 2015 15" MBPr. Fully optioned, it was worth waiting for. For general work I bought an off the shelf 13" MBPr at my local Apple Store. These are just different enough to satisfy my needs, doing so in stellar fashion. I have bought loads of new Apple laptops over the years, they've been terrific.

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010
No, I have a mid-2012 13" MBP and the size is prefect for my needs. Not too big and definitely not too small. For some things like intense photo editing or better sound quality a larger version may be more ideal but for me (I use LR and watch videos all the time on it) , its perfect. I hope I can get 13" when I'm due for a new Mac again. IMHO, the 15" is a bit large for me (especially for travel purposes). Each to his/her own, however! My SO loves his 15" and is happy with the size, by the way.

I would probably of bought the 15 inch if it wasn't for the fact it costs $1,999.99. I don't want to spend $2,000 on a laptop which is already overkill for what I need. I am using this for school which is just note taking and to watch videos on which is worth getting the Retina display over the 13 inch Air. Looking back I was right in buying the 13 inch because of the portability and big enough for my needs.
[doublepost=1463888287][/doublepost]
I was going to point out the various ways that the 13" rMBP is better than the 15" model, but several people already beat me to it.

Did you have a point to this thread or was it just a thinly veiled attempt to troll?

Lol I don't think so.... His comments from what I have seen is always on the extreme fanboish side of Apple to the point where it is annoying. Surprised he didn't make a thread claiming how it is a fact OS X is superior to Windows an Linux....

Reactions: xoAnna

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
I'm happy with my 2010 MacBook Pro 13".

If I need more screenspace, I use my Mac Mini desktop with a 27" display.

If I get another MacBook Pro it will be 13", as well.

Reactions: throAU

Freyqq

macrumors 601
Dec 13, 2004
If you have an external mouse/kb and monitor, and the speed is adequate for you needs, then there is no downside to getting a 13". That being said, I went for the 15" because I wanted the better GPU and CPU.

ChrisLTD

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2013
Bought a 15" and wish I had a 13". It's bigger to carry around, and I rarely use the built in screen, so a smaller one wouldn't be a big problem.

magicschoolbus

macrumors 68020
May 27, 2014
No way. 15 inch is to big for all the traveling I do.. I also felt like a well spec'd out 13 inch was better and more affordable then a 15 at the time. When it comes to the iMac however, I would totally get the 27 inch over the 21.

Reactions: Closingracer

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
Since it's better in every way.

I did 18 months ago. Had the 13 inch and turned it back to the "Simply Mac" store for the 15 inch. 13 was bad for my eyes was the main reason. The store also gave me a 4 year warranty as well. :D 3 years from Apple and 1 year extra from "Simply Mac" store.

Reactions: MyMacintosh

LxHunter

Suspended
Nov 14, 2010
Bought a 15 and lugged it for a year.
Not better in every way for me.
Swapped for 13.
I need external monitor anyway.

alphadog808

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2015
i had a 13. switched to mac from windows using 15" all my life with windows laptops. while the 13" had all the power i needed i couldn't stand the smaller screen so got the 15" instead

Reactions: MyMacintosh
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.