Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Does Safari crash on your iPad with the following Apple link?

• Yes, it crashes while it is loading or after zooming in/double tap (portrait or landscape)

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • No, it is stable using it in portrait or landscape mode

Votes: 50 53.2%

• Total voters

touchipods

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
iOS 7.1 finally fix this crashing nonsense or not? Nearly 50% seem to have problems according to this poll.

Also how much Free RAM is available now compared to previous iOS 7 versions?

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
iOS 7.1 finally fix this crashing nonsense or not? Nearly 50% seem to have problems according to this poll.

Also how much Free RAM is available now compared to previous iOS 7 versions?

Tried it after I loaded 7.1. When I scroll around and try to double tap a few times, crash city.

Some folks on the main 7.1 update thread say it doesn't so I'm not sure what to think at this point.

iosuser

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2012
Just updated my iPad Air to 7.1 and it no longer crashes on that iPhone 5s page. Prior to 7.1 it crashed every single time on all A7 devices - my Air, my wife's and son's two rMinis. But my daughters regular old mini did not crash on 7.0.x.

There are two new revision on ipad reported by 9to5mac. I wonder if there's some hardware fault that may be partially causing these crashes.

RickTaylor

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2013
Did anyone who has Safari crashing try clearing their cache and history to see if that corrects the problem.

My wife's mini, (gen 1) has Safari issues until I cleared cache/history.

I tried after reading your message but it didn't fix the problem. I still appreciate the suggestion.

Phils01

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2012
Mine crashed before - had it swapped out by Apple - still crashed before 7.1

Updated to 7.1 now doesn't crash on iPhone 5s page

Sorted !!

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Well I cleared history and the cache for Safari and now it doesn't crash that site.

I wasn't having problems browsing with Safari before 7.1 UNTIL I tried to crash it. I'm just going to go through my normal routines with my Air not looking for trouble. If all is well for what I do then I keep the Air. If not, back it goes to BB even though I got a really good deal on a 32gb.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.