Do any of you guys use a case on your iPod?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BrHop156, Jul 6, 2011.

1. BrHop156, Jul 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2011

BrHop156 macrumors member

BrHop156

Do any of you guys use a case on your iPod? Does the back scratch or does your screen crack? I'm worried because im getting dust in around my bezel with a case, and my iPod gets hot and I think it's bad for my buttons

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk!

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

I have an incase slider on mine. It does a great job of not scratching the back, and although some dust occasionally gets under it, it's fairly easy to remove, so cleaning is easy.

3. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

I tend to be pretty hard on stuff and have big hands, so I use an Incipio case that says it's for 'gaming'. I don't 'game', but it's got kind of a honeycomb back on it and is thick, so it has a little extra protection. I use the red one, which adds a little color to things.

And I always have a front screen protector on.

Haven't had any problems with heat or dust.

4. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

6. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

I use a skin on my iPod Touch and carry my iPod in my pocket. Cases are just too bulky.

7. ESPN macrumors regular

Usually a plastic case like belkin would prevent scratches, my friend has a full glass case which completely locks his device in not to mention the amount of dust it still receives.

8. aNYthing24 macrumors member

I use the Sonix Snap Slim Case. Pretty thin and the soft touch coating gives it a better feeling when you hold it.

9. mlmwalt macrumors 6502a

I use the Otterbox Defender for everyday/wear and tear use and a Marware case for when I'm doing gaming.

10. Michael383 macrumors 6502a

I have a Griffin case on my 4th gen iPod touch and it's done a fine job of protecting the back and sides.

11. BrHop156 thread starter macrumors member

BrHop156

I swear to god my case has done something to my iPod 4g, the power button is really wiggly and you can see how it moves and leaves extra space in the frame!

12. Lesser Evets macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

I have one of those schmancy Vaja leather cases tricked out with custom colors: a flip top thing for the iPT 2g. After 3 years, the case is wonderful...ly dirty. Needs some leather cleaning. However, the iPT is almost like new. I have no dirt or dust troubles or scratched or anything. It's beautiful in function, but looks like utter turd on the outside these days.

I don't find the case too bulky. It is certainly a bulkier mp3 with a Vaja leather case around it, but the device and case are still slim and light. The flip top is a little annoying at times. If the iPT had a back camera, the flip top would be truly horrendous as it would block the camera easily when flopped open.

13. Nicolas4ever macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

yeah!!!!!

Yeah i am.I purchased one for 2 $ with the shipping.It's so soft and durable!!i have it 4 months from the first time i opened my iPod.And i don't have not evena a scratch it's amazing.I bought it on ebay.I can share the link if anybody want one

14. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

i just use an Incase, I like the grippy feel of it, and a screen protector on my latest iPod touch. Doesn't get hot. I don't play demanding games on it and don't keep the WiFi on for very long at a stretch, usually, so your experience could vary. It never gets hot sitting in a speakerdock, even playing music for hours. It does not get hot charging off an adapter and USB cable.

An Incase case does protect the device nicely from a corner ding if it falls off a table. The slightly raised rim of the casing seems to protect the screen OK if it falls face down, too. I have used various models of them on the first iPod touch, on iPhone original and iPhone 3GS.

One of the ones I had for a 1st-gen iPod touch got a little rip in an upper corner, not sure why, possibly the room was very cold and dry at the time. The case still protects enough but the rip does show a little bit because that case is bright yellow. Anyway now I really try to ease the things off the corners very carefully when removing them for cleaning.

15. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

i use a Belkin silicone cover that covers the back and sides of my Touch. Give a good grip, keeps the back from getting scratched, and protects the screen slightly. I don't like screen protectors as I find it messes with the touch screen.

16. BrHop156 thread starter macrumors member

BrHop156

I just took off my case, damn it's nice naked!

17. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

:D Put on a protector film on the back then :p I use Belkin Grip Vue clear tint. It turned yellow after few months :eek:

18. jim4spam macrumors member

I'm naked

I loved the feel of mine from day one naked, and as I'm really careful with my gear so I just keep it naked and enjoy it like that. When I put it in my bag then it goes in with my headphone case (bose noise cancelling jobbies which come with a large travelling case) and then it's within a little cloth bag that I came across. (I just looked, it happens to be a small Crown Royal cloth bag which explains the looks when I have it on my desk at work...)

19. BrHop156 thread starter macrumors member

BrHop156

I mean, I know it will get scratched on the back, eventually, but with the heat this thing gives off and how thin it is, I think this is the best!

20. SaMaster14 macrumors 6502

I do. I personally don't like the chrome back of the iPod Touch series... it gets scratched up really easily, which isn't that appealing. But I have this case:

Incase:
    [​IMG]

As you can see its a little chipped, but it still holds and does the job. Gives the device a little extra weight, which I like because the device seems to thin when on its own. Plus, you can still see the chrome back without all the scratches and reflections.

21. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I have the Xtrememac Tuffwrap case. My back is a little dull cause I waited until they had released one for the 4G. Feels great in my hands. Fits like a glove. Doesn't rip like my Incase did on my 1st gen.