Do AT&T Premier discounts work on new data plans?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by manjaap, Jun 2, 2010.

1. manjaap macrumors member

Does anyone know if the AT&T Premier discount will be applied to the new data plan pricing? Right now I get ~24% off the iPhone data plan so it is about 22.50 rather than 30 dollars so it would be great if this discount worked on the new plans as well!

2. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

:eek:I have one two, and the only thing it seems to work on is my iPhone bill.

I have one for Verizon also and it will not work on their Broadband device, only Wireless, so it looks like no one applies the discounts outside of cellular.

Ask anyway, but I do not think it will.

Wicked1

3. lasuther macrumors 6502a

I believe the discounts only apply to services $30 or more. I have a 15% discount which makes my unlimited data plan $25.50. I only use about 1 to 1.5GB of data a month, so the 2GB limit is fine with me. Not getting the 15% off on the data isn't ok with me. I guess I would save $0.50 a month.

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Call AT&T and check with them... here all we can do is speculate.

5. lasuther macrumors 6502a

AT&T says 80% of their iphone customers are on family plans or business discount. That $30 limit to use the discount is going to be a bit upsetting if it holds.

6. wickywahwah macrumors regular

exactly. i was planning on upgrading to the new iPhone as my first. right now i can get a 25% discount on the unlimited data plan with a 3GS ($22.50). if the discount doesn't apply to the new plans, i'll be paying $25 for 2GB vs. $22.50 for unlimited. that makes no sense.