Do i need the iPad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MacDaddy80, Jan 17, 2011.

1. MacDaddy80 macrumors member

Hey guys I was originally thinking of getting the ipad 2 but now that i think about it, im fine with what I have. I have a 27" iMac for home use, an Apple TV for watching movies, a ipod shuffle for working out and listening to music with, and an ipod touch 4th gen. I plan on getting the verizon iphone 4. So my question is..do you think that i need it? i think with what i have, i will get by fine without it.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

...why are other people's opinions important? Why is there a constant lack of ability to make one's own decisions about what to do with their money, time, and satisfaction on these boards? :confused::confused::confused:

3. ElCidRo macrumors regular

No one NEEDS it... we want it. No one knows if YOU want it, only you.

4. j3yq macrumors 6502

j3yq

If you don't have it now and are doing just fine .... then you don't NEED it. I have a 27" as well and now debating to get rid of my MBP or ipad as I don't need both of them.. Kinda leaning towards keeping the ipad.

5. AirForceOne macrumors member

I have to admit this is a pretty weird thread. You don't give anyone any info whatsoever and just ask if people think you need an iPad. How the heck is anyone here supposed to know if you NEED it.

I myself NEED it because I WANT it.

You should ask YOURSELF if you WANT it, then everything else should take care of itself.

6. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I'm always amazed and people who care about posts like these. Maybe some people just want to get other opinions before they purchase things because they unsure about features and different uses of the products. Maybe they just need a place to talk about things they are interested in. If you don't care, why not just move on and let them be.....

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Because when the OP boasts of their current setup which they obviously managed to choose without anyone on this forums intervention - proving they are more than capable of making decisions themselves one way or the other - it pretty much voids the thread entirely, making it rather redundant.

OP do whatever you see fit....

8. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

How do you know that they did not come to this or any other forum before buying all that other stuff?

9. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Come on guys, enough with these threads already. We don't know anything about the next generation version of the iPad. Wait till it actually comes out and then decide if you have a use for it.

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

NEWBIE and post history!

11. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

You checked the entire internet for every post they ever made and know that they never asked for advice for anything..... I'm out.....

12. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yep... It was a tough job but hey...

I was going to use my both my core i7 27" iMacs, my 15.4" MacBook pro, my Octo 2.8 mac pro, my multiple iPads, my iPhone 4 but in then I after seeking further advice on a variety of forums I decided to use that super computer thats hasnt even been announced yet, which I posted in regards whether I should buy it or not on forums.icantmakeupmyownmind.com ;)

13. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Because it is a message board where people want to hear other peoples opinions.

Heck, using your "why are other people's opinions important?"....why are you even here?