Do iPad 1 screen protectors fit on iPad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by thelookingglass, Mar 16, 2011.

1. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

So obviously the screen size of the two iPads is identical, but is the bezel the same as well? I'm just wondering if I'll be able to use iPad 1 screen protectors on my new iPad 2. I live overseas so it might be a while before any iPad 2 accessories are out on the market.

2. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

Yes. I have one on mine. But you'll have to use a hole punch on it for the front camera. Also I am using the first apple case and cut a hole in the back for the camera. Works well until the iPad 2 cases get in stock.

3. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Yes have a first gen zagg invisible shield on till power support releases theirs.

4. thelookingglass thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks. Although technically it shouldn't matter whether there's a hole for the front-facing camera anyway since the protector is transparent. I guess maybe the clarity might be affected a little bit, but good thing the camera sucks to begin with. :)

5. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

I plan to take the PS antiglare from my ipad1 and put on my ipad2 without cutting a hole. Hopefully it won't affect the clarity. I don't want to have a jagged hole which would ruin the cover.