Do latest batch of ipad 2 have any issues?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Chic0, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Chic0 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Think I want to buy an ipad2 now

Just wanted to know if the light bleeding issues are now resolved on the latest shipments?

Are people who have ordered recently generally happy with their purchases?

2. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

I received mine this week and it has bleeding and a problem with the seal between the screen and the bezel in one corner.

I phoned up and was told after some investigation the woman on the phone had found out a new batch is being manufactured in May without this bleeding issue..

Not saying this is true though as people have been told on the phone before that after April 20th or so would be the new batch of iPad's but people still getting them with issues.

3. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Just get an iPad and stop worrying about it. If you get one with light bleed, deal with it as you see fit…keep it or return/exchange it. Do you really think you're going to hear what you want on this forum…that every single iPad shipped this week is perfect?

4. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

I received mine on Thursday and it has worse bleeding issues than the one I got on 3/25. The bleeding looks worse on the black.

5. Shorties macrumors 6502a

I got one on Friday, a white 32GB one, it has minor bleeding which I looked for when I first got it and didn't even notice it. Only noticed it later in a dark room and the britness turned up. It doesn't bother me and I have gotten use to it now. I would just say get one, and if it is bleeding enough to bug you then get it replaced. I thought it would bug me before I got mine, but it totally doesnt.

6. Chic0 thread starter macrumors 6502

cheers for the responses.

After reading through a few other threads on here, i think I'm going to hold off buying for a few weeks. Partly because of the known issues, but also because due to the fact I live away from home a lot, i'll be without wifi access for a good few weeks anyway.

I know I'll be going for a black wifi only model, but now need to decide whether i need 16 or 32gb :)

Cheers

7. rav16 macrumors member

I bought 1 on the launch day in India that's 29 of April and I have no issues atall with my iPad 2 . Screen is super crisp and no backlight bleeding and all . Just sad that apple dint send the smart covers yet , we will be getting them next week .

8. macfrik macrumors 6502

macfrik

Even if you experience a light bleed, you won't notice it that much. You have to be in a super very extra dark room with 500% of iPad screen brightness to notice it.

Excuse my exaggeration :D