Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DiamondMac

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2006
Washington, D.C.
Uhh. You clearly have never learned what a 'beta' is. iOS 5 is so much older than one week.

And you still apparently don't understand that because a product is out of "beta" doesn't mean it will be issue-free.

The first few weeks of almost any major public release will have bugs. Those who expected to us iOS5 with no bugs were either ignorant or just uninformed.

icewing

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2008
St Louis
This reminds me of a co-worker that couldn't understand why her computer wouldn't turn on. Turns out she had the power strip plugged into itself.

pugnut

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
I want to strongly advice against anyone considering to upgrade to OS5.0. The os is very unstable and you can be sure that your apps will have problems - even after updating. First I couldn't even start the app. Rebooted the phone - same result. Updated all apps and then I could start but at least for Skype and Msn they kicks me out of the app every now and then.
Unfortunately greedy Apple don't allow me to go back to the previous version without stealing all my purchased apps and data. If I want the apps back I have to purchase again they tell me!!!!
The data - just forget about it.

At this time DO NOT UPGRADE you iPhone until Apple has fixed a stable version and tested through the apps for compatibility with the new os.

You are joking right?

I want to strongly advice against anyone considering to upgrade to OS5.0. The os is very unstable and you can be sure that your apps will have problems - even after updating. First I couldn't even start the app. Rebooted the phone - same result. Updated all apps and then I could start but at least for Skype and Msn they kicks me out of the app every now and then.
Unfortunately greedy Apple don't allow me to go back to the previous version without stealing all my purchased apps and data. If I want the apps back I have to purchase again they tell me!!!!

At this time DO NOT UPGRADE you iPhone until Apple has fixed a stable version and tested through the apps for compatibility with the new os.

-173 and counting!! You sir, win the internetz!

FYI - no issues here :)

GenesisJLS

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2009

Well, that's not Apple's fault for applications not being fully functional. It's like a piece of software only supported on a particular operating system. Give it time and everything will be resolved. Just chill out.

mtnDewFTW

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Most of the people that I know who upgraded to iOS 5 are actually satisfied with it, including myself. My iPhone 4 is working WAY faster and way snappier with far less errors than I had with the previous iOS 4 release. However, I know a few people that are having the opposite affect. Their phone constantly crashes, they lose all their info, and their phone is slow as hell. I don't know what happened to those people, but I'm sure Apple is already working on 5.1 and 5.2 to fix all the reported problems people have been having. I think sometimes we forget that this is the FIRST public release of iOS 5. It's expected to have some bugs that the developers didn't catch. You gotta be patient with stuff like that, or at least restore your phone and install iOS 5 clean on your device.

Sweetbike40

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2007
NY/NJ
I'm having glitches with update and I reset the phone twice. 3G service with ATT signal not as strong and icon gone, settings crashed many times, and text alert sometimes does not alert or it does this very quick flash of the new text. Just odd things I've never experienced before.

Lee Adama

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2011
California
well fellas,
I do believe we have a case of operator error over in here.

OP, please restore and try again. This time, wait. Wait until the apps are all finished synching. They will work. Everybody else but you did it. So we know it's possible.

Look for the spinning circle in the status bar. When that is finished, you're good to go.
Do not pull the cord too early.

If some apps are unstable, you'll need to first see if they are iOS 5 compatible and or if they need any updates.

Chill. Don't get mad. Just take your time and you'll be good.

jagooch

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2009
Denver, co

I should have listened to you. Right after I upgraded my iPhone to iOS 5, I got AIDS. Hopefully the next patch will cure me of HIV.

Kupp

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2011
Massachusetts
My IPhone upgrade was slightly worrisome, got an error message, had to restore from backup, lost a ring tone, no biggie. Everything is great now. iPad 2, 3GS, and iPhone 4. Definately loving it on the IPad 2 most of all.

Kenjhee

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2011
This reminds me of a co-worker that couldn't understand why her computer wouldn't turn on. Turns out she had the power strip plugged into itself.

Well, clearly that was just her homage to Apple's "Infinite Loop". :D

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010

Wow...

That's impressive Ingemar!

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010

I couldn't do that even if I tried.

I would have to post something like "Steve Jobs is a douche!" but even on MacRumors some people will agree with me.

Disclaimer:

Steve Jobs is not a douche, I love the guy and he will be sorely missed. I just wanted to hammer home the point that the OP has accomplished something that MacRumors will never see again.

starvingartist8

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2011
I find it funny how she complains about iOS5 yet she doesn't even know how to make the % on the battery appear lol

By the way. iOS5 sped up my 3gs 2 fold and no issues with any of my apps.

and Yes it was free. If you paid for it you are stupid.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.