Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joe-Diver

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2009
LOL...when I downvoted it I thought, "Man, that's alot, wonder what the forum record is".....checking the last page and you guys are posting about it. That's funny **** right there man....

802.11mac

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2010
i upgraded my iPhone 4 the day IOS 5 was released and never had any problem at all. All apps function as they should. i even noticed a battery improvement. no hang no crash, everything went smooth.

Runmaster

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2011
Wow

There are many reports online of iOS5 being unstable.
A quick google search of such proves the cases are widespread.
I myself had many issues with the upgrade with several failed upgrade attempts on my 4th gen iPod and I must admit that I too have had several issues where especially plants vs zombies has crashed since and video issues are abound.
Yes I shut the system off several times and yes, this helped and those of you having issues, I would suggest you first try this if you have not already done so.
If that fails, backup the data properly that you require to and do a full system restore.

indifferent1956

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2011
Won't restore my music and photos/texts

My iphone 4 was working perfectly until I did the upgrade. It refuses to let me restore saying error-36 and then that I am missing a file although not specifying which file (helpful not!) This means presumably that I will have to put all my music and photos back on there manually! In addition a years worth of texts have suddenly disappeared! The texts were there initially after the download and install but have suddenly disappeared Any constructive help appreciated!

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010

Not it's getting ridiculous.

Off to the Wasteland.

Congrats to Ingemar!

We probably will never see that many Down Votes on a single post ever.

patent10021

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2004
I want to strongly advice against anyone considering to upgrade to OS5.0. The os is very unstable and you can be sure that your apps will have problems - even after updating.
I want to strongly advice [sic] against anyone considering listening to this clown.

clangclangclang

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2011
iOS5 and now my phone's in RIP mode

2 weeks ago I updated my iphone 3gs. and just last week all of a sudden it has no network and lost the wifi too. what I did was I reboot it and then after that it reboot itself over and over til it drained the battery. i charged it and still it was rebooting automatically after a minute and so i have decided to put it into restore mode but everytime I restore it, error -1 occur. still now I dont know what to do. i am not sying ios5 is the sole reason for this but maybe somehow it has something to do with that. any solution to that error -1? thanks!

i miss my phone so bad. :(

srcstc

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2010
I want to strongly advice against anyone considering to upgrade to OS5.0. The os is very unstable and you can be sure that your apps will have problems - even after updating. First I couldn't even start the app. Rebooted the phone - same result. Updated all apps and then I could start but at least for Skype and Msn they kicks me out of the app every now and then.
Unfortunately greedy Apple don't allow me to go back to the previous version without stealing all my purchased apps and data. If I want the apps back I have to purchase again they tell me!!!!
The data - just forget about it.

At this time DO NOT UPGRADE you iPhone until Apple has fixed a stable version and tested through the apps for compatibility with the new os.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

peaz

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2011
2 weeks ago I updated my iphone 3gs. and just last week all of a sudden it has no network and lost the wifi too. what I did was I reboot it and then after that it reboot itself over and over til it drained the battery. i charged it and still it was rebooting automatically after a minute and so i have decided to put it into restore mode but everytime I restore it, error -1 occur. still now I dont know what to do. i am not sying ios5 is the sole reason for this but maybe somehow it has something to do with that. any solution to that error -1? thanks!

i miss my phone so bad. :(

Just to be sure, when you say restore mode, you meant DFU mode?

I too had resorted to restoring my 3Gs with iOS 5 from scratch due to a battery drain issue (which I eventually found a solution to) and just by clicking on the restore button on iTunes gave me errors. Had to resort to DFU mode to get it restored.

ah123

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2011
Lol -327 - I wish the mods leave this thread open just to see how far we can vote down. I encourage all readers to sign up to MR just to vote the OP down :D

charlottereroll

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2011
iPhone 4 upgrade to new version - - phone not working

I am having a problem with the new version. I bought iphone 4 in France. I have been using a jailbreak sim since I arrived in the US to use it with T-Mobile. It worked fine until I updated to the new version. Now I cannot do anything with it, not even use the apps. It stops in the process of installing the new version... Please help!!

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
I am having a problem with the new version. I bought iphone 4 in France. I have been using a jailbreak sim since I arrived in the US to use it with T-Mobile. It worked fine until I updated to the new version. Now I cannot do anything with it, not even use the apps. It stops in the process of installing the new version... Please help!!

Have you tried starting from DFU mode and getting an AT&T sim?

In other news,

The negs keep coming!!! -333

charlottereroll

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2011
Have you tried starting from DFU mode and getting an AT&T sim?

In other news,

The negs keep coming!!! -333

Someone tried putting in an AT&T sim in my phone, did not change anything, but I guess it's because it is not an AT&T phone. What is the DFU mode?

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
Someone tried putting in an AT&T sim in my phone, did not change anything, but I guess it's because it is not an AT&T phone. What is the DFU mode?

DFU Mode...

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034

That's right!!!

You were formerly Jailbroken. I think you stuck until they come out with a JB for iOS5. There is a tethered version but I could only image how complicated that's going to be.

-336 on the OP

cathlabnurse

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2011
Tennessee
I had issues when I first upgraded. Went to Verizon, restored, backup, problems continued. Went to APPLE Store genius bar. Diagnostics. Something on software when i restored to a previous backup. Had to set up as NEW. :(

But now it seems ok. Battery still isn't as long as the iPhone 4 but hopefully it will improve as the time and updates go on.

On a side note, battery alot better than my Droid I had prior to this! :)

Loving the iPh:)ne

:apple:

utwarreng

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2009
-344 and counting! Had 0 problems upgrading my AT&T & Verizon iPhone 4's, and my AT&T 3GS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.