Do Sprint iPhone's support Visual Voicemail?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by adster, Oct 10, 2011.

1. adster macrumors regular

Sure it seems like a no brainer question, but the more I thought about it I couldn't find reference to Visual Voicemail anywhere regarding a Sprint iPhone. It's not mentioned on the specs on Sprint's site and asking a chat agent about it netted a response of "I don't have access to that information".

To top things off, Engadget posted an article a few days ago comparing cell phone plans between carriers and had an X for Visual Voicemail on Sprint (meaning not offered). Reference here: http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/06/how-much-will-the-iphone-4s-plans-set-you-back-on-sprint-verizo/

So has anyone seen anything official written that the Sprint iPhone's will support VVM?

2. andyx3x macrumors 65816

This would absolutely suck I'll tell you that. The complaints would be staggering.

3. adster thread starter macrumors regular

Just an update to everyone, I found this tweet by Alaly76:

Reference: https://twitter.com/amaly76/status/123843842297442304

So lets breathes a sign of relief. Again, nothing is certain until Friday however.

4. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

I wonder how this will interact with Sprint and their Google voice service.

5. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

Well actually it would be just like the. IPhone on Verizon and ATT , they both got native voicemail already so no need of sprint on visual voicemail, about Google integration I doubt it works here so who knows, and yes there is a Google app just like an android to sent sms and calls voip

6. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

I have an iPhone now on ATT and I have yet to figure out what the **** a visual voicemail is. I just see phone numbers.

7. Virance macrumors regular

Ahhh yea... that's exactly the point. You can see a list of numbers and times, and click on them to listen to that specific voicemail - as opposed to calling your voicemail number and listening to them one by one in order.

8. macguy360 macrumors 6502a

Sprint will offer visual voicemail but it will be written and spoken to you with an indian accent like their customer support....... Thank you... Come again..

9. AceTracer macrumors newbie

I am currently using a Sprint iPhone and Visual Voicemail isn't working.

HOWEVER, I'm also using Google Voice integration. So at best I can say it doesn't work with Google Voice.

10. mcruzader macrumors regular

Just wanted to put it out there that I am on Sprint and Visual Voicemail IS WORKING FOR ME!!! :D

11. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

Visual voicemail does not work for iPhone 4s on sprint according to sprint. But I guess it's available for the 4S

12. coolweirdo macrumors regular

coolweirdo

mine is not working also... sprint has dropped the ball badly in OT

13. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

The iPhones always had voicemail so idk what you guys are getting upset about, btw sprint visual voicemail came to play against iPhone voice mail back in 08

14. BishamonX macrumors member

To be clear, visual voicemail has worked for me since day one.

15. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

Visual Voicemail is a feature that has to be supported by the carrier that you're using.

In the case of the iPhone, relatively few carriers actually support it.

16. jade macrumors 6502

Mine works fine. Sprint has lots of phones with visual voicemail. My last one did.

17. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

The only carrier that don't support in the US is tmobile , sprint Verizon and AT&T all have ( I have the iPhones in all major carriers in the US and just tmobile )

18. Mr.C macrumors 601

This thread is about visual voicemail and not just voicemail. Not all carriers support it. For example here in the UK I believe only O2 does.

19. jjlannoo Suspended

Visual voicemail works fine on a Sprint iPhone 4 or 4s. Plus it works on Androids as well. My Evo had it.

----------

Works fine for me and has since launch day

20. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

Yes evo have sprint visual voicemail , iPhones always have visual voicemail ( from apple ) is two different thing and yes the sprint iPhone 4 have it too

21. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

This is only true if your carrier supports it.

There are millions of iPhones sold outside of the US on carriers that don't offer Visual Voicemail.

This article lists every officially supported carrier and whether or not they offer Visual Voicemail (among other features):

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1937

22. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

23. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

Well yes outside the US truth but that's what I was referring to, my friend on europe has visual vm but I don't know what carrier is he on tho

24. mr1 macrumors member

Im on Sprint and do not have visual voicemail.

25. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

If you are on Sprint and have the 4S, you DO have visual voicemail. You just haven't set it up. Open phone app, tap voicemail tab, let it dial in and set-up your voicemail, as you need to do when you get a new phone. Next time you go to the voicemail tab, it'll be active for visual voicemail.