Do the new Macbook Pro 13"...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nicque, Jul 24, 2010.

1. nicque macrumors regular

Do they run hot when they are on your lap. I have a 2.0 ghz c2d, 1gb ram, Macbook and it runs pretty hot while just on safari. I'm planning on upgrading for college if it doesn't get too hot. Thanks.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

As the aluminium is better at conducting heat, the laptop will feel warmer than the white/black poly-carbonite MacBook.

Btw, if you run CPU intensive tasks, and viewing Flash content is CPU intensive, the MacBook will get warmer. You could disable Flash via ClickToFlash.

3. nicque thread starter macrumors regular

Alright thanks, how about using programs like Adobe Lightroom/Photoshop?

4. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

I use lightroom and cs5 on mine and it's not too bad

rendering in final cut is another story temp wise

5. TZRaceR6 Guest

TZRaceR6

Operating temps. All temps in Celcius with fan speed at 2000rpm:

Nothing running/all apps closed: 37 degrees
    Running Safari with Flash webpage: 60 degrees
    Running Safari with Flash and video: up to 80 degrees

As it gets hotter, I use SMCfancontrol to boost fan rpm's to compensate.

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Depending on what tasks you perform, the CPU might be taxed or might be not. Lightroom uses a lot of CPU though, especially during Preview renderings. If the fan is correctly set, you can remedy the heat.

7. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Playing a flash video on my laptop can make the laptop go to 80C but doesnt feel nearly as hot as my dell that never got past 40-50c

8. mattkidd macrumors regular

mattkidd

Ive had my 13" since the start of the month and in terms of heat all i can say is its great. It certainly in my experiences on my lap doesnt get warm during safari browsing the internet via it being flash content or playing 1080p video. The feeling of the notebook again doesnt even get hot when playing the Sims 3 mac version at high detail setting for numerous hours. So i wouldnt worry about it if i was you, its a great purchase ;) the only time i have noticed a little heat increase is whilst in bootcamp running Windows 7 and playing Call of Duty modern warfare 2 at medium settings for about an hour, again it was still considerably cooler than my previous Samsung R505 laptop which was constantly hot.