Do the speakers supposedly sound better on 10.5?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ssledoux, Jun 17, 2017.

1. ssledoux macrumors 6502

ssledoux

So I keep reading about how good the speakers sound on the 10.5. Do they sound better on the smaller pro, and, if so, why?

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

They do sound good, slightly better than my 9.7. Does require the volume be a set a little higher but Apple could fix that with an update.

3. sunapple macrumors 65816

sunapple

Maybe they're tweaked a little, or a little bigger? I thought they already sounded really good (best in class I'd say), so it wouldn't bother me that much.

4. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

OP, all I cared about was the speakers for the size I purchased. And on that note, the speakers on the 12.9" sound fantastic.

If they are better on the 10.5", politely asking, is this a deal-breaker for you? Are you an audio geared person who requires the absolute best in speakers or something else?

If the 10.5" sound better than the 12.9", that's great. As an owner of a lovely 12.9", I am not worrying about it and enjoying the awesome sound from the model I chose.

5. italodance Suspended

italodance

6. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

The speakers are impressive and will sound better on the 12.9. They are larger and they use carbon fiber caps to help accentuate the sound. It's a nice advantage for the larger iPad.

7. epca12 macrumors regular

That's true and has always been true but I believe the OP is asking whether they're better than last years 9.7 inch model

8. Tapiture macrumors 6502

I'm pretty sure they're the exact same as the 9.7 Pro.

9. epca12 macrumors regular

No after seeing a speaker test in a review video, I don't think they are the same but it could be just that they've tweaked the speaker chamber

10. italodance Suspended

italodance

11. epca12 macrumors regular