Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlindMellon

macrumors 65816
Apr 4, 2011
"Fall" is all we got and even that's a rumor. You can bet, though, that Apple will toss out a warmed over iPhone 4 to go along with iOS 5.

As big as iOS 5 seems to be, I think it would be great if Apple dropped a completly redesigned iPhone on us this September. That would explain the long delay. Otherwise, waiting all this extra time for a refreshed iPhone 4 will be pathetic.

ben173

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2011
8MP main camera
1.3MP front camera
dual LED flash
reworked antenna design
A5 processor
1GB RAM
larger/borderless screen (didn't measure it so not sure how large)
HSDPA/HSUPA (sorry no LTE)
BT 2.1 w/ A2DP and EDR
802.11N
Thunderbolt capable

Release date is initially set for Fall 2011 but we all know that gets pushed back so probably by Winter 2011, we'll see the release. To be more specific I think it's going to be a November launch if the manufacture process is OK. They may change the specs from now to then but generally it's the same design and same template. Since this is the 5th year for the iPhone, the product is maturing which means that the switch to a more Christmas time centric cycle benefits Apple more. If you've got an iPhone 4, you'll probably stick with it unless you have to have the higher processing and cameras. If you're on a 3GS, you'll find that the new model is a very substantial upgrade.

did you just make that up?:confused::confused:

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010
8MP main camera
1.3MP front camera
dual LED flash
reworked antenna design
A5 processor
1GB RAM
BT 2.1 w/ A2DP and EDR
802.11N
Thunderbolt capable

Release date is initially set for Fall 2011 but we all know that gets pushed back so probably by Winter 2011, we'll see the release. To be more specific I think it's going to be a November launch if the manufacture process is OK. They may change the specs from now to then but generally it's the same design and same template. Since this is the 5th year for the iPhone, the product is maturing which means that the switch to a more Christmas time centric cycle benefits Apple more. If you've got an iPhone 4, you'll probably stick with it unless you have to have the higher processing and cameras. If you're on a 3GS, you'll find that the new model is a very substantial upgrade.

wtf?

Lunchb0x8

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Quirindi, NSW, AU
LOL, all these people refusing to upgrade from 3's etc... just do it.

"Oh, I have
Motorola_Brick_Cell_Phone_web.jpg
but I am holding out for the new iPhone, I know the new one got announced and released today, but I want to wait for another new one, so I can hold off for an even later one."

Seriously? Technology advances, put up with not always having the latest, or just buy the latest when it gets released, and keep repeating this until you are poor or own everything, don't keep holding out, you will never buy anything if you do this.

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
Yes, it's coming out in September...

(well, maybe... possibly.... ummm more than a third of a chance... now that I think of it.... perhaps???)

RafaelT

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2010
NM
I can guarantee you that it will be released in September, 100% certain. I have direct knowledge, it is fact.*

*I have no knowledge about the release schedule of Apple products and I do not guarantee my guarantees.

ben173

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2011
I can guarantee you that it will be released in September, 100% certain. I have direct knowledge, it is fact.*

*I have no knowledge about the release schedule of Apple products and I do not guarantee my guarantees.

if you know any more information about please tell us or private message me

ben173

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2011
I've never understood this obsession with megapixels. Why the hell would anyone need an 8 megapixel camera in their phone?

the more megapixel's the clearer the image is

sinophilia

macrumors regular
May 7, 2008
Italy
September is usually for iPod announcements, so I wouldn't bet on a new iPhone being launched at the iPod event. Even then, it might take a couple of months before it may be actually available - it could be November before you have one in your hands.

Personally, I bought an iPhone 4 two weeks ago. A 5mpx camera is more than enough for me to take casual pictures - even if it goes 8mpx, you will still have that tiny sensor and lens so why bother? The A5 dual processor is more interesting but I don't do games on the iPhone. The A4 is already plenty fast, it still works great on my old iPad and it should be more than enough for iOS5, which will run on the iPhone 3Gs.

So... whatever! I wanted a white iPhone 4 and I got one. But I am in Europe so I didn't have to sign any contract.

bigbro1096

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
do any of you guys know?

I hate to sound like a douche and I really love Apple, but if they dont release a new iPhone this summer or dont release an iPhone in the fall with great upgrades then they are screwed! I have iOS 5 on my iPhone 4 and its already lost its novelty. Only reason I havent downgraded (because iOS 5 is killing my whole battery with in 3 hours and makes it run super hot!) is because i would loose all my contacts and pictures because for some reason my mac doesnt actually back up anything. Also, the iPhone is loosing its coolness (yes im a teen and yes being seen with an iPhone makes you cool and rich and with out it people think youre poor) I talked to the AT&T rep who sold me my first iPhone (The iPhone 3GS back on August 28 or 29, 2009) and she said that no phone can compare with the iPhone 4 and that they are being forced to use the infuse as promotional things and she already hates it.

anthonyrp

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2011
I hate to sound like a douche and I really love Apple, but if they dont release a new iPhone this summer or dont release an iPhone in the fall with great upgrades then they are screwed! I have iOS 5 on my iPhone 4 and its already lost its novelty. Only reason I havent downgraded (because iOS 5 is killing my whole battery with in 3 hours and makes it run super hot!) is because i would loose all my contacts and pictures because for some reason my mac doesnt actually back up anything. Also, the iPhone is loosing its coolness (yes im a teen and yes being seen with an iPhone makes you cool and rich and with out it people think youre poor) I talked to the AT&T rep who sold me my first iPhone (The iPhone 3GS back on August 28 or 29, 2009) and she said that no phone can compare with the iPhone 4 and that they are being forced to use the infuse as promotional things and she already hates it.

Today I went to go buy the iPhone 4 the at&t sales man told not to buy one in till September so I think for sure they will make an iPhone 5/4gs by the end of September

maclaptop

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2011
Western Hemisphere
Today I went to go buy the iPhone 4 the at&t sales man told not to buy one in till September so I think for sure they will make an iPhone 5/4gs by the end of September

That man is stupid, he's lying. The only one who knows is Apple. Besides if they do rush one out this year it will likely be a repeat of the iPhone 4 with only slight improvements. A real dud.

anthonyrp

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2011
That man is stupid, he's lying. The only one who knows is Apple. Besides if they do rush one out this year it will likely be a repeat of the iPhone 4 with only slight improvements. A real dud.

Even if they do rush it it will still be better then the iPhone 4

sinophilia

macrumors regular
May 7, 2008
Italy

What's this talking about novelty and coolness? What I ask myself is, does this device do all I need it to do and does it do it well? Do I enjoy using it? If the answer is yes, why should I change it just because it was launched one year ago? The display is gorgeous, the processor superfast, I love the design and the software, so what more should I be looking for? And since I am a bit into novelty myself... I installed iOS5 ;)

Treadstone

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2011
Of course there is no 'official' information. However with a little deductive skills, one can deduce there will most likely be a new iPhone to accompany the public release of iOS5.

Regardless of Apple here, any company that is behind in the market should release a product, whether groundbreaking or otherwise, to simply keep up with the Jones' and it's public image. I don't expect an iPhone 5, but a 4GS sounds feasible. It's a little silly for Apple not to recognise 1) iOS5 is coming out 2) customers aren't buying the i4 in expectation of a new release and 3) giving customers a little taster of what is to come (with i5) with an 'upgraded' i4, would make financial sense.

Again, this is all simply 'rumours' - but, that is why we're here ;)

NebulaClash

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2010
No...no it isn't. This is the biggest myth about cameras.

Correct. For the average consumer, fewer megapixels is often a better solution once you get to a baseline of 5 or so. The real reason companies push more megapixels is to create check list fodder. Those who are ignorant fall for it. It works.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
8MP main camera
1.3MP front camera
dual LED flash
reworked antenna design
A5 processor
1GB RAM
BT 2.1 w/ A2DP and EDR
802.11N
Thunderbolt capable

oooommmgggg the way you worded your email makes it totally obvious that you have inside knowledge on the next iPhone release, In fact you've held it in your hand.... You are like so super cool :cool:

ben173

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2011
oooommmgggg the way you worded your email makes it totally obvious that you have inside knowledge on the next iPhone release, In fact you've held it in your hand.... You are like so super cool :cool:

i hope he did hold it in his hand before because that iphone sounds SEXY! except for the borderless screen it will make it look like a fishbowl

ratzzo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2011
Madrid

lol :D

To answer the OP: no, we do not have solid information.

dccorona

macrumors 68020
Jun 12, 2008
I've never understood this obsession with megapixels. Why the hell would anyone need an 8 megapixel camera in their phone?

better question, why would anyone need 8 megapixels unless they plan on printing their photos on a wall?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.