Do we have to sign for phone when delivered

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by davidlw, Jun 15, 2009.

1. davidlw macrumors 6502a

I may or may not be home when Fed-X delivers, will they leave the phone or does someone have to sign for it?

2. alejovh1 macrumors regular

3. BLACK MAC macrumors 6502

You will need to sign. I've always had to sign for it when I ordered from Apple.

4. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

5. veterator macrumors member

veterator

There is a way to pre sign for the order on the Apple order page. I have used it before when ordering a computer - it should work for the iPhone as well.

6. edk99 macrumors 6502a

100% Signature needed. You could always go to your local FedEx location and pick later in the day. Probably after 5 or 6 if you miss it. Another option is if you having the tracking number you can call FedEx and have them hold that package at their facilities and while you are out that day swing by and pick it up.

7. mpshay macrumors 6502

You sure can. Mine shipped today and it already has the "Pre-sign for this shipment" link active on the order status page

8. wahoo10 macrumors 6502

Is it shipped by FedEx or UPS? FedEx is right around the corner from my job for me, UPS is...I have no idea where near northern VA

9. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

There's a UPS hub in Springfield (on the edge of Kingstowne), or there's one in Annapolis, MD.

Where's the FedEx hub?

10. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

There are a few FedEx branches. One in Burke, I know. I think there's one out in Centreville/Herndon/Reston as well.

11. TheMBC macrumors 6502

Well, IDK but when I got my iPhone 3G Refurb from AT&T they just left it at the front door, didn't even knock...

12. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

It should come thru FedEx, that's where all my other products I've odered from Apple came from.

13. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

Yeah but I think with Apple signature is required over a certain dollar amount. I have bought several items from Apple.com and have most have required signature, especially those that cost over $100 at least. As mentioned before, there is a pre-signature form. Go to the order status on apple.com, there is a a link to a .pdf that you can print and complete. It is a pre-signature release form.

14. rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

My 3G S is being shipped through UPS. Most other stuff has been FEDEX though.

15. eh270 macrumors regular

I know *I* wouldn't want the delivery man leaving it sitting on my front stoop without someone to sign for it... this is why I love having a doorman :)

16. wahoo10 macrumors 6502

Dulles Airport is a major FedEx hub. Everything I get from FedEx that doesn't come from within a 3-4 hour drive flies through there.

17. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

Really, I wish mine would come though them they are a little better with deliveries in my area.

18. wahoo10 macrumors 6502

So wait, some people are getting theirs through UPS, others FedEx? Maybe Apple versus AT&T ordering?

19. techietrash macrumors newbie

techietrash

Apple Pre-Sign

Apple.com Pre-Sign forms in this thread.

Cheers

20. FmaxTurboSi macrumors regular

REALLY??? You do realize this thread you revived was over 2 years old right?:eek:

21. techietrash macrumors newbie

techietrash

Read much?

Erm, as I created it last night, nope.

If you actually read the post, I state that the UPS form is one that someone else posted just last night, but that the FedEx is one that I found on an old thread, but is better than nothing for those rare few who's phones are being shipped fedex.

Cheers

22. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

You revived a 2 year old thread. You are the first one to post since 09. Look at the post dates, moron.