Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mackage

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2011
Rich people don't whine about buying stuff they dont need.

Is capitalism so evil? So what if the rich gets richer. :rolleyes: Everyone wants to be a billionaire but often thumb down the concept because they can't hack it.

You're just angry that someone can sell anything so unneeded and make money from it.

If you can't afford it, go online and bitch about "need".

To a point, does anyone here really "need" a computer? Would you die if one is not present in your life? I'd understand food, shelter and clothing but any electronics are not a basic need.

No one is angry here, sir....besides you.

Of course as I knew you would....you proved my point. The rich get richer by investing money and not spending money where it isn't needed. A computer is a tool.....nothing else.

Would I die without a computer in my life; no, but I wouldn't make the money I do now.

Arguement over.....go spend money so you can say you have the top of the line while I invest that extra $500. Who wins in the end....hint....not you.

InuNacho

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2008
In that one place
Unreal 2004 is choppy on my early 08 Macbook.
Final Cut is slow as molasses on my Macbook.
Handbrake rips DVDs almost in real time on my Macbook.
My shoddy 17" Dell monitor has no brightness options.

Will I be spending to much on a 27" i7 2GB VRAM iMac? Not in the least bit.

Hexley

Suspended
Jun 10, 2009
No one is angry here, sir....besides you.

Of course as I knew you would....you proved my point. The rich get richer by investing money and not spending money where it isn't needed. A computer is a tool.....nothing else.

Would I die without a computer in my life; no, but I wouldn't make the money I do now.

Arguement over.....go spend money so you can say you have the top of the line while I invest that extra $500. Who wins in the end....hint....not you.

I win, cause I get what I want, while you whine. :D

colour

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2009
Maybe the point of difference here is that people upgrade and change to much and to quickly, as we have heard some people have held out 4-5+ years and then buy a top of the line machine with the intention to hold onto it for many years to the point where it actually is outdated.

others upgrade every year to a machine they don't need :)

Kendo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 4, 2011
Rich people don't whine about buying stuff they dont need.

Is capitalism so evil? So what if the rich gets richer. :rolleyes: Everyone wants to be a billionaire but often thumb down the concept because they can't hack it.

You're just angry that someone can sell anything so unneeded and make money from it.

If you can't afford it, go online and bitch about "need".

To a point, does anyone here really "need" a computer? Would you die if one is not present in your life? I'd understand food, shelter and clothing but any electronics are not a basic need.

I think you should read the last line of my opening post. No need to derail the topic as there was no mention of whining prior to you bringing it up?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.