Do You Always Use The Same Screen Names?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SamIchi, Apr 26, 2007.

1. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

For forums, registering in sites and what not. I usually use one as my "business" name, and this one for everything else. It funny searching Google and finding sites you've registered to years ago. I think I should probably change up my names, you could get my lifestory through the net :D

What about you guys?

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I use grapes911 for everything personal. I use my first initial and my last name for everything business.

3. progx macrumors regular

progx

Yep. Progx is my handle in most forums. Sometimes I vary it with my initals.

4. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

This is a one of a kind username for me. I usually do the first four letters of my name, then three numbers, but now I'm trying out 4 numbers. I only use about three or four of the same set of numbers, but I'm varying them because it's not safe to use the same one. We found the guy that stole my sister's identity's MySpace. :eek:

5. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Usually - nbs2 is my throwaway u/n that gets used when I am visit a site that I will probably only visit for a little while and am not sure I'm even interested in. Sometimes it is because the site will require membership to search or otherwise find information, but generally I'm just not in the mood to be associated with the freaks that religiously frequent the given board.;)

6. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Nah, this one is unique to this board, and was chosen in particular because I was responding to a specific thread.

I just googled it, though, and came up with 157 results...

(Devilot's got 11,400!)

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Mine's pretty much the same wherever I use it but I don't use the 'net all that much so it's really just here and Wolfenstein ET when I'm bored. :cool:

8. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

i usually stick to a few, i have another user name i like to use in places where i don't want my gender to be apparent. i like to keep things simple.

9. iRachel macrumors 6502a

I have a few different ones, though this is the only place I use iRachel. Interestingly, I ended up with it because the name I usually use for personal stuff was taken, and I couldn't think of anything else creative.

10. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

For forums I use the same one, but I haven't joined very many other forums.

11. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I don't, I use 5 different screen names on different forums and things that require registering. I use iBookG4user for anything Mac related though. (As you can probably tell, I've not registered on a Mac related forum since I got my MacBook Pro :p )

12. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

How did you come up with your name? I remember saying that you weren't Jewish...

13. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

It's been Zwhaler for a looong time. my password on the other hand... is "imanidiot"

14. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

I used to mess with handles all the time before all these newfangled registration-required web thingies came around and ruined everything. Now I have to make do with a different name on each web site. Bah, at least wiki-type sites still allow sock puppets.

15. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, I'm not Jewish. My brother made it for me and I have no idea what went through his mind when he made it. I can definitely claim to be mad though.

16. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

Mostly a new name for each site although I have one name for sites I think I'll be on for some time.

17. djstarrock macrumors 6502a

djstarrock

Well I used use this username for everything but now I use Casho.

18. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

On BITOG I have a different screen name, but on all the other sites I'm MACDRIVE. ;)

19. DZ/015 macrumors 6502a

DZ/015

It's no for me. I only really post here and on the Apple discussion site. And when I registered there I must have missed the option to create a user name so I post under my real name.

20. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

it'd be interesting if your name were g. rapes. the 911 makes it funnier. ;)

for me, i used to use siurpeeman for everything, but i change it up here and there, especially on aim. but it's usually some slurpee variant.

21. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

Yeah, all the time. It's been about 5 years since BobDude161 came to be. Mostly to keep tabs on what I have posted on the interenet. If I remember something important I posted a few years ago, I can type in my screen name in Google and find what I need quickly.

EDIT: My screen name gets up to ~2400 hits on Google

22. Queso macrumors G4

I have three different screen names I'll sort of rotate. This one turns up in other places, but mostly on MR these days.

23. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I tend to use the same one, as I'm forgetful enough to forget what I'm called on a particular site if I go back after a break away.

I do find though that on some sites it's already been taken, so if you encounter any other Jaffa Cakes out there then it doesn't necessarily mean that any of them are me. ;)

24. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

basicly

Sometime I'll change it to Zap, Zapguy2 or Zapguy