Do you care about a design for next iphone 2015 ????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iluvit, Nov 8, 2014.

1. iluvit macrumors newbie

ok . i start first ,,, i don't like round edge design , i want square ....:D

2. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

Do you really think the 6s will be a new physical design? ;)

3. Bishop Biscuits macrumors member

Bishop Biscuits

I just want this portruding camera lense gone... Antenna line... Meh

4. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Seems like a step backwards.

I would bet the 6S is the same body as the 6.

5. saltd macrumors 6502a

saltd

I'm going to say that the 6S will surely be the same body as the 6. Unless they jump to 7...who knows?

I liked the square edge of the previous iPhones as well. The rounded edge is poor for gripping(at least for the 6 plus). I handled a Note 4, and the squared edges made it much more pleasant to hold.

6. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

It's going to look the same as the iPhone 6/ 6 plus

7. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

I'm on the S cycle but not looking forward to the 6s design since it'll be the same as the 6 :/

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, I can't imagine that Apple will change it.

9. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

Apples pattern is no new exterior design for the 6s. The 7 better be as sleek looking as the 5 series. I want an illuminated apple logo that does not drain the battery, that may not the until 8 or 9. I am fine with the circular home button and think the top bezel should stay the same height for design purposes. The gold or silver ring should definitely stay.

I still don't know what possessed apple to make the protruding camera. I think the public would have been content if the back was the same height as camera bezel. Thinner was not on my must have list after the 5 series. I think it's a planned economic up sell scheme for us to buy their cases. They are well aware that most of the designer quality cases come out 2-3 months after new iPhone release. Wait, let me guess - the 6s or 7 will have same height camera and back design...

A titanium shell would be like asking for a life size hologram display.

10. HotIce macrumors regular

I was too. That changed with the 6+ Probably staying on the normal cycle. The main new features are always introduced.

11. uchosen macrumors 6502

Slow Saturday night at the house, eh?

12. x34 macrumors 6502

sure i care. the iphone 6 looks ugly as hell, so will the 6s.

iphone 7 here i come :)

13. iolinux333 macrumors 68000

All the things we thought the 6 would be, but wasn't:

Wireless charging
    Waterproof
    Two day battery
    20Mp camera
    Bezel-less
    Two gigs ram at least
    LED notification
    Durable
    Sapphire screen
    No ugly antenna bands
    No ugly protruding lens
    No bad screens escaping QC inspection
    Stable iOS
    Smooth iOS

This would make a phone with paying a thousand bucks for. The current model is worth about $380 except that it bends, making it worth nothing.

14. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I want it to look like no other smartphone and iPhone ever designed. I demand innovation. :p

15. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

agreed. If there wasn't a plus size option, I would not have wanted to upgrade. I skipped the 4s but got the 5 and 5s. I think they have the next 3-5 designs projected already....

16. flyinmac macrumors 68040

flyinmac

If they did that, they could make the body thicker and perhaps less flexible. Probably what I'd ask for.

I'm pretty rough on my phones. They need to be strong. That's primarily why I skipped the 6 series.

I kill a lot of cheap cases. But never broken or bent my phone yet. And that's with them being thrown, sat on, dropped, whatever. Only thing I haven't done is drop them in a toilet. You know, there are some places that it's ok not to have your phone out.

17. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

This won't happen any time soon.

18. x34 macrumors 6502

in 2 years.

this time they milked the cow by releasing an ugly iphone that comes of heavy and bulky - they can - since the fanboys are all over it. in 2 years they will release some nice looking iphone air that is lighter, faster, smaller etc.

19. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

lol so my 6 plus is worth nothing?? That's not what eBay or the local Craig's list demand says

20. JobsGang macrumors regular

JobsGang

You camera lens and antenna lines haters are getting as annoying as the iOS 6 lovers.:rolleyes:

21. roberthodgson macrumors regular

The 6S will have the same design but will have a faster chipset and probably more ram. and may have more structure support or slightly thicker casing.

Even though the Bending issue is limited to a few phones over all I can see Apple responding with a slight redesign in structure.

I would be happy if they made the new phone thicker to include a bigger battery and bigger Camera lens to improve low light photos

I am very happy with the current 6 design and will probably get the plus version next time

22. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If history is any indicator, then we'll not see a new design next year or even for that matter the following year. I like the design, though I do miss the iPhone 5 look and feel.

23. I7guy macrumors G5

So you crossed the 6s off the list? Eh? Oh 10 million iphone 6 customers disagree with you. (Not that there is anything "wrong" with your opinion.)

24. Jazper macrumors 6502a

Why? Either they keep it thin or make it thicker to get rid of the protruding camera, doesn't matter to me at all but that's because I use a case I suppose.

25. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

I'm sorry but there's absolutely nothing wrong with the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. The design is fine.