Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
Now that I have my wish list going...

Add: stainless steel backing with nitride coating like modern firearms. This would make the iPhone virtually indestructible.

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
I'm sorry but there's absolutely nothing wrong with the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. The design is fine.

Wrong? No, not wrong, just disappointing and structurally weak. If people want a weak phone they can admire in a velvety box that's great. I need a phone I can stick in my pocket, like I have for the last 15 years. I've also recently moved to a rainy climate and I'm tired of always having to make sure I have a zip loc bag with me.

thedeejay

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2012
Toronto, Canada.
All the things we thought the 6 would be, but wasn't:

Wireless charging
Waterproof
Two day battery
20Mp camera
Bezel-less
Two gigs ram at least
LED notification
Durable
Sapphire screen
No ugly antenna bands
No ugly protruding lens
No bad screens escaping QC inspection
Stable iOS
Smooth iOS

This would make a phone with paying a thousand bucks for. The current model is worth about $380 except that it bends, making it worth nothing.

You should work for Samesung

I liked the 5/5S design the best. 6 is okay. Not as great as some people make it to be.

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
You should work for Samesung

I liked the 5/5S design the best. 6 is okay. Not as great as some people make it to be.

It used to be Samsung copied Apple. Samsung has progressed beyond that now. But I don't want Apple to copy Samsung I think their phones are ugly and TouchWiz is a pig. I want Apple to team up with SONY. iOS on the Xperia hardware would be so nice.

RCRod83

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2010
No, I don't care. I'm enjoying my iPhone 6, the most revolutionary phone that Apple has released. Anything after this will be minor upgrades. This is the best phone for me for now.

businezguy

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2003
I chose to pass on the 6 plus because I don't like the existing issues I'm reading about. In order to get the iPhone 6S plus I need:

-improved durability
-much faster speed with no lag
-higher resolution screen to avoid screen resizing
-improved energy efficiency

x34

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2014
I'm sorry but there's absolutely nothing wrong with the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. The design is fine.

actually it looks very very ugly on the back, but since like 95% of the people do not have a great taste and understanding of design, who cares, it's from apple so people buy it no matter what.

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Dec 28, 2009
actually it looks very very ugly on the back, but since like 95% of the people do not have a great taste and understanding of design, who cares, it's from apple so people buy it no matter what.

Exactly. HTC's One M8 design is very similar and many people found their protruding camera ugly. Of course now that Apple has done it, its not ugly anymore, right fanboys? Apple does not set a design industry. The 5/5S was much, much better looking.

Tthomas612

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2013
Exactly. HTC's One M8 design is very similar and many people found their protruding camera ugly. Of course now that Apple has done it, its not ugly anymore, right fanboys? Apple does not set a design industry. The 5/5S was much, much better looking.

It's all speculative. You liked the 5/5s design... I didn't care for it. EVER. Look at my posting history I just didn't care for the design of the 5/5s design. I like the HTC ONE design just as I like the design of the 6/6plus

----------

I understand design... I don't know if my tastes are great, but I like the 6/6 Plus design. I didn't care for the 5/5s ever.

Anyway this is a thread based off opinion and nothing else. You don't like it and I do so what move on ...

----------

Wrong? No, not wrong, just disappointing and structurally weak. If people want a weak phone they can admire in a velvety box that's great. I need a phone I can stick in my pocket, like I have for the last 15 years. I've also recently moved to a rainy climate and I'm tired of always having to make sure I have a zip loc bag with me.

Yeah I know what you're saying, but has everyone had issues with the phone bending? No. I've had mine since launch and knock on wood it hasn't bent. I carry my phone in all different places.

However while I believe you have a legitimate gripe most of this thread is just based on opinion thats it

Also this phone is worth more than $380

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2011
All the things we thought the 6 would be, but wasn't:

Wireless charging
Waterproof
Two day battery
20Mp camera
Bezel-less
Two gigs ram at least
LED notification
Durable
Sapphire screen
No ugly antenna bands
No ugly protruding lens
No bad screens escaping QC inspection
Stable iOS
Smooth iOS

This would make a phone with paying a thousand bucks for. The current model is worth about $380 except that it bends, making it worth nothing.

You thought iphone 6 would have a crappy 20Mp camera with noise distortion? 8 Mp is the largest a tiny cellphone sensor should ever go. Apple is smart like that.

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
You thought iphone 6 would have a crappy 20Mp camera with noise distortion? 8 Mp is the largest a tiny cellphone sensor should ever go. Apple is smart like that.

As far as appearance, the only thing new next year will probably be a color (black and gold please).

Edit: I didn't mean to quote you.

Last edited:

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014

well ok you have a point. I do wish I could zoom in more on photos though, however it could be done. More MP, or better optics, or both.

Ooh-look-Nikon-have-made-a-digital-camera-that-runs-on-Android.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.