Do you carry a Microfiber/Cleaning Cloth with your iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bembol, Apr 14, 2011.

1. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

Finger Prints can be a PITE (pain in the eyes), especially when you are watching Videos like I do while at LA Fitness.

I have a Microfiber from Costco but it's too big to fit in my incase Field Bag, so I had to go out and buy one at Wal-Mart (three pack, specifically for Glass).

2. SteveKnobs macrumors 6502

I keep one with me at all times in the netbook case I have adopted for the iPad2.

3. filmbuff macrumors 6502a

filmbuff

Yeah, I carry one in my iPad's neoprene case.

4. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I carry one in my backpack for when I'm at school, but I have yet to keep on in my iPad sleeve. Probably should start doing so because fingerprints are driving me insane! I have a Power Support Crystal so a lot of the time I will use the inside of my sweatshirt sleeve.

5. chiefpavvy macrumors 6502a

Yep, several of them. They come in quite handy.

6. jdminpdx macrumors 6502

Sure do! Otter box included a nice one with my defender case on my first gen iPad.

7. CH34P3T macrumors regular

8. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

9. Skika macrumors 68030

Sometimes' not always. If it catches my eye when i pack, then i throw it in there, otherwise no. The screen can look really bad when turned off, but when on, its hard to notice any smudges especially if you are focused on what u are doing.

10. Merthyrboy macrumors 6502

Ne I never carry them. I nearly ever clean it because the fingerprints don't bother me. If they are bad though I'll give it a wipe with my t shirt.

11. Smoothness macrumors regular

yeah i only notice my fingerprints when the ipad is sleep, other than that. no bother.

12. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

I used to, but have no need now, as the Smart Cover, when folded into the triangle, does a great job of cleaning the sceen, after a few wipes(seriously). :D

13. kwajkat macrumors regular

kwajkat

I just carry a couple of lens cleaner packets with me, mainly for my glasses but for ipad if needed. Fingerprints don't show up unless the ipad is off anyway and that is what the lid of the case is for to cover it up so I don't see them!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

14. keith6 macrumors newbie

Cleaning

I keep one inside my IPad sleeve just hate smudges on screen

15. melman101 macrumors 68030

I carry that and a bottle of iklear in my laptop bag which is where I mainly carry my iPad. I should put it in the sleeve but I worry about the edge of the microfiber cloth scratching the back of my iPad. Yes I'm nuts. :)

16. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

+1 same here.

17. macse30 macrumors regular

macse30

saliva and fingers gets most of the donut glazing off. it's just gear.

18. malnar macrumors 6502a

malnar

Same here. Just passed my one-year with iPad 1 and not a single mark on the entire naked iPad. I'll used a microfiber cloth if one's near, but if not, I use my shirt, and I frequently do that. Flip it over, rub across belly (so soft!) and -voila!- clean. No scratches, not a single mark of any kind.

19. Siggen macrumors 6502

No, i never carry a microfiber cloth. If you leave the smart cover on for a while it does a good job except for the lines where it does not touch the screen. Also every house im in, i just go to the kitchen and ask for a microfiber cloth, its common kitchenware.

Only if im gonna go on an extended hotel visit or something, id probably pack a kitchen microfiber cloth :) heck you can find it in the grocery store if you forgot ^_^

20. Cheetablaze macrumors member

i use my breath and the inside of my shirt for cleaning purposes. if it's really bad I may use my sock. but I have a zagg installed so who cares what you clean it with.. I may use my kids dirty diaper next time just for testing purposes.

21. peteknopp macrumors member

Take care

Again, take care if using the smart cover to clean the screen, cos when you fold the cover into a stand the microfibre rests on the surface from which it will get dirty and maybe pick up small grit. Don't just transfer this muck to your screen. Use a cloth or whatever.

22. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

I carry a ShaggyMac microfiber cloth in between the screen and SmartCover when in transit. It's just the right size for the iPad and now I don't get those silly dust lines from the SmartCover.

23. gswhoop macrumors newbie

you can get a mobiwipe, it's a self-adhesive microfiber cleaner

i just got mine a few days ago, works great, only 4.99 at www.productmobile.com

you can stick it on the back of the ipad so it's hassle free:cool: