Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shambo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2009
Okay I admit in times of weakness, and much to the ire of others on here, I call mine the Badboy Pro but what's your's called?

NikFinn

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2009
MA
Okay I admit in times of weakness, and much to the ire of others on here, I call mine the Badboy Pro but what's your's called?
Yep. My MacBook Pro was Daisy, my MBA is Deja (short for Deja Entendu) both are albums by my fav. band, Brand New.

/lameness

Gen

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2008
Yep. My MacBook Pro was Daisy, my MBA is Deja (short for Deja Entendu) both are albums by my fav. band, Brand New.

/lameness

Brand New is your favorite band? You must not listen to any music, past or present ...

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Mine will be called Obsolete the second a new one of any size or speed comes out.

spaceballl

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2003
San Francisco, CA
NO.

The only computer that I have ever known to have a nickname was my buddy's old toshiba back in college. It was really slow and awful so we made a joke about it. We called it "Socrates" since it spent all day thinking :D

nitromullet

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2009
Badboy pro actually. :cool:

See sig.

So, your command line prompt is "shambo@Badboy Pro"?

My MBP is called swoop. Not so much a nickname, but I just wanted to name it something other than "<user name>'s Macintosh".

My main PC is grimlock. Yeah, it's a difficult pattern to figure out.

Dangeresque

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2007
San Diego, CA
So, your command line prompt is "shambo@Badboy Pro"?

My MBP is called swoop. Not so much a nickname, but I just wanted to name it something other than "<user name>'s Macintosh".

My main PC is grimlock. Yeah, it's a difficult pattern to figure out.

Uhh, so do you name *all* of your gadgets after transformers, just on the off chance that one day they actually come alive?

prodigee

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
I just can't get over the fact that you named your MBP a BadBoy Pro, that must be the most idiotic thing I have ever heard. I do not nick name any of my electronics, they are inanimate objects, I like to keep it that way.

shambo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2009
I just can't get over the fact that you named your MBP a BadBoy Pro, that must be the most idiotic thing I have ever heard. I do not nick name any of my electronics, they are inanimate objects, I like to keep it that way.

I don't understand, what is so "idiotic" about taking pleasure in something I worked hard to obtain? I don't tell others they're idiots because they live differently to me, so why should you?

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
MacBook Pro - Sophie
Airport extreme - Adèle
iPhone - Jane

Why? Network identification is oh so ez. The girlfriend actually named my MBP, the other two are chahracters from a 19th century novel (Jane Eyre)

to give you an idea of the immense creativity I have , our cat is named "Kitty".
But op there is another rather large thread for gadget nicknames on these boards. I'm sure it still has activity.

5DollaFootlong

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2009
it's a computer and it is a tool for education, having fun, and making the world a better place. why would you name something that is not living?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.