Do you have a problem with slanty keys?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Spacer, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Spacer macrumors member

Hey. I am getting my new Macbook tomorrow. I am just wondering how widespread this problem is. Please reply with a simple yes or no. I would have posted a poll, but the board won't give me the option at the bottom of this new thread page :(

2. DannyBres macrumors 65816

DannyBres

3. youssefm macrumors 6502

i have slightly slanted keys, but its really no annoyance and doesnt affect performance at all... very minor

4. stetter macrumors newbie

Yes.. A little!

But i am VERY happy with my new Macbook!

5. Spacer thread starter macrumors member

Guys, thanks for the quick responses. I was just wondering if this actually affects all of the new Macbooks, and its just some people don't care! I can't wait for mine.... I was playing with one the other day in a local store, and I loved it!

6. tiartrop macrumors regular

I'm not sure if any of the keys are slanted or not, I gave it a real hard look but I just cannot tell...

And I thought I have a bad case of OCD.

7. foodle macrumors 6502

I can see the commercial now:

<voice over>
    Do you suffer from the heartbreak of slanted function keys?
    If so, contact the law firm of Obsessive and Compulsive to explore your legal options against Apple Inc. ... :rolleyes:
    </voice over>

No, I don't have a problem with slanted keys, because it is a ridiculous issue.

Are my keys slanted? Maybe a little, but it has zero effect on the operation of my computer which is all I care about. I'm starting to wonder if some people on this forum actually use their computers, or if they just sit around measuring them with calipers and laser levels. The PC crowd likes to complain that Mac owners are just interested in a fashion statement, and unfortunately these kinds of "issues" help prove their point.

8. tongteh macrumors 6502

i have just one key that is slanted, that is my eject button... :mad: tried some method suggested in this forum, no luck with fixing it tho.. :p

9. PresentACat macrumors regular

Neither does the lovely case (what if it were scratched, dented?), or the glowing Apple on the lid, or any of the other cosmetics. But why throw together such an expensive laptop and not get the keys straight, which other PC manufacturer has a problem putting the keys on straight?

10. Spacer thread starter macrumors member

I'll be interested if anyone says no, they don't!

11. JBazz macrumors 6502

I dont have any slanted keys. I dont have any dead or stuck pixels. The only minor cosmetic issue is a small imprefection in the aluminum body beside the cap lock. Funny thing is, I never noticed it until everyone became anal with the posts about "does you note book have this or that". Still doesnt bother me in the least.

12. jbg232 macrumors 65816

jbg232

My first macbook had the battery cover issue but no slanty keys. My replacement macbook has the slanty keys which are slightly annoying but don't affect performance so not a big deal. Of note, at my apple store when I bought the macbook all the macbooks in the store had slanty keys.

13. RUnited macrumors newbie

Haven't noticed it until you mentioned it!

But even then.. I don't really care as long as it works...

More concerned about jerkiness when scrolling with trackpad on Safari though. I hope there's a fix for that soon since that seems easy enough!

14. jblock macrumors regular

None of mine are slanted enough to really notice.

15. uncleSmurf macrumors regular

uncleSmurf

mine are slanted too. Not too big of a deal though.

16. samwich macrumors regular

17. Rob Philips macrumors newbie

I received my MacBook today, can't say I'm really bothered by the slanted esc, f1, f2, f3.

I do have another issue I'd like someone to check for me.

When my MacBook is charging, if I move my finger over the body near the MagSafe, I feel a very low electric current, but only when I move my finger. Has anyone else got this?

18. cheeseadiddle macrumors regular

No.

I just picked up my 2.0 MacBook from the International Plaza store. I noticed that a couple of the displays had all the function keys slanted on them. When I got mine out to the car, I opened the box and inspected it. Just a couple of the function keys have a slight tilt to them. I'm not going to worry about it.

Migration Assistant will finish running in about 40 minutes, and I can start playing with it. Can't wait!

19. crazyxzer0 macrumors 6502

yea i have slanted keys on both laptops.. first one f4 key fell off..:confused:

they replaced the laptop and the slanted keys are only minor annoyances. i barely notice them to care.

20. iKennett macrumors 6502

I have a full top row of slanty keys, however think it adds character to the laptop :cool:

Slight pain however I don't pay any attention to it, 99.9% pleased with my new MacBook!

21. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

Could someone post pictures of what they look like?

22. iKennett macrumors 6502

Might be hard to capture with a camera... I'll try!

23. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

My F5 and F6 keys are mildly tilted to the right (low side), but I don't give a damn. I don't use them, and can't tell unless looking right at them.

24. Greystorm macrumors member

Yes, a bunch of keys are slanted on my Macbook. Checked out some display models and they vary from many slanted to not at all.

25. Knolly macrumors 6502a

I have some slanty keys and tend to be OCD but don't care... I mean cosmetics are one thing but this is something I'd only notice if I was looking at them from pretty much the same level as the keyboard, which isn't something I do all that much...

Doesn't effect my typing, doesn't effect the hotness of the computer... I'm over it.

CURRENT WORK IN PROGRESS: Unsticking a purple pixel. That one irks me, haha.