Do you have any unusual and or silly talents?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iBlue, Feb 5, 2010.

1. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Can you tie a cherry stem with your tongue? Walk on your hands? Recite the alphabet backwards? Solve a Rubix cube at breakneck speeds? This is the thread for sharing that kind of thing.

I can't do any of the above but I can make a voice that sounds like I've been dabbling in helium abuse. It's just something I've always been able to do and I can't really explain how I do it. Since I know there is no way I can get away with making a statement like this without proof, I made a video. I was too shy to have the camera facing me so I used an image of my JulesBook™ started reciting a notorious bit from Pulp Fiction.

You read the bible, Brett? Well there's this passage I've got memorized....

I can also meow quite convincingly and burp on command. Skilled, that's me!

Go on, let your freak fly. :D

2. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

I can wiggle my ears and touch my nose with my tongue

3. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Contrary to many forwarded emails I've received in the past, it is not impossible to lick your own elbow. Trust me.

4. Disc Golfer macrumors 6502a

Is reciting the alphabet backwards an unusual talent? Once some cops used that one on me to establish whether or not I was drunk (I can't recite the alphabet backwards sober or drunk, high or tripping).
    I can fit my whole fist in my mouth however. Also once I knew a girl who couldn't wear a watch because any watch, analog or digital, that spent more than about two hours near her would cease to accurately keep time.

5. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

I can make a weird squishing sound with my mouth, no-ones been able to understand how I can do it, nor, what it even sounds close to.

6. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

I have really excellent balance. I can tight-rope walk, balance on many different types of balls, rails, angles and fixtures. I also have really excellent usable range of motion in my legs, so I can perform single leg squats on just about anything. I do them on pull up bars, barbells, medicine balls, dumbbells, bike handles, pipes, rails, etc. I'm considering making a youtube video of me performing single leg squats while balanced on the handles and bars and protrusions of all the exercise machines in the gym.

7. IndustrialSpace macrumors 6502a

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I can pull air into my stomach on my control. Nobody else I know seems to be able to do this.

9. xokimwhiteox macrumors member

I can make my tongue look like a 3 leaf clover :D

10. TheOnlyJon macrumors 6502a

TheOnlyJon

I can...

Tie a cherry stem with my tongue, roll my tongue, make a clover with my tongue, do the wave with my tongue, make my tongue double in size, touch my tongue to my nose, wiggle my ears, wiggle my nostrils, Tuvan throat sing to sing multiple tones at once (just don't ask, haha. I wanted to be able to do it :p), burp the alphabet, make myself gleek (look it up), and I've been told I do a pretty spot on Kermit the Frog and Cleveland from Family Guy. :D

11. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

12. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

My party trick is the ability to swallow most of a whole strawberry lace, and then pull it back up through my throat.

13. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

This?

14. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

15. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

16. King Mook Mook macrumors 6502

Me too. (cries) :p

17. Geniusdog254 macrumors regular

Yeah that whole can't lick your elbow thing is a load of BS. I have freakishly flexible arms & a huge underbite. The combination of these 2 genetic defects have led me to be able to lick my elbow either by putting my hand way back over my shoulder & doing it or by twisting it and sticking it over my left shoulder in front of my chest. I can also fit my whole fist in my mouth, and fold my right arm back in a V behind my back & touch my left earlobe.

PS. I didnt discover that last one until my 8th grade gym coach who I made hate me twisted my arm into said position. Painful, yet a neat trick at parties lol

18. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

Gross! Oh wait, Sudoku. Never mind.

19. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Ooh, me, too! And apparently, I can do a pretty convincing horse imitation. :eek:

Hm, other silly talent? Ah yes, I'm the full opposite of Iscariot-- I can manage to fall or trip when I'm standing still. Or trip over absolutely nothing (not my shoe, not my foot, not a crack in the pavement). I also manage to slam hands/ elbows/ shoulders/ hips into doorjambs as I walk through. And yes, I see them, I just skillfully slam into them. :p

20. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

21. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

though my reflexes are nothing special when I dropped something I could catch it with my foot. even slow its far so there was no impact. if it was a knife I would not do it. also drop something I could catch it before it hit the ground. someone knocked a tray of food off a counter I caught it before it hit the floor.
    this is going away as I get older.

22. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I encourange everyone who Sudokus to wear glasses so that it doesn't hurt their eyesight.

It's really hard, but at the end of it all, remember that it's just a matter of choosing the right box to put it into.

23. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    I can tie a knot in something that cannot be named :confused: :eek: :D

24. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

Probably nothing as long as that ;)

25. cherry su macrumors 65816

cherry su