Do you have your Notifications switched on?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The Game 161, Jul 9, 2011.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G4

The Game 161

Those if you who don't have ios 5 as obviously with ios5 it's part of the phone now to have that on but those who do has it effected your battery life? And if so do you switch it off when you don't need it or do you have it on as why have a smart phone if you aren't using the features?

2. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

Man I honestly don't think I will ever leave notifications on.

3. seble macrumors 6502a

You don't like being alerted when an app has an update, or important information to provide?

4. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I only turn on notifications for apps that have a reason for sending notifications (Facebook, TWC, etc). However why turn on notifications for PAC-MAN? What could that app possibly need to notify me for? "Help! There's a ghost on my tail. Get me to the glowing PAC-DOT!"
    No, that's just stupid.

5. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I left it turned off until I got a weather app that displays the current temperature on the badge. It's the only one I have turned on. I don't consider anything on my phone important enought to be notified about, but that's a personal opinion. I frequently check the app store for app updates (habit and boredom).

6. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I have turned off all notifications but left the badges.
    I don't like the drop down notifications so I'm going to put them back to the badge once Im back on iOS5

7. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

I don't keep useless Apps on my phone, so I have every app set up to use notifications.

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I keep it off, it helps with the batter life.

9. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

What are you talking about? You can turn notifications on and off at either the system level or per app already in iOS 4, iOS 5 doesn't change this at all. It just provides a different less obtrusive way of receiving them and reviewing past notifications.

10. dellAbait macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Of course... Battery life is a fuction of use. Imo push requires less use than constantly opening apps to get messages and emails...

11. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

Now that I have Mobile Notifier installed, I have a lot of notifications activated again. I turn badges off, throughout, and sound depends on the app(GameCenter's sound alert is so off).