Do you imagine...?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by therep2004, Mar 12, 2012.

1. therep2004 macrumors newbie

Do you ever wonder if the Apple executives and design teams use customized Apple products (manufactured in made to order batches on site in California), which they in turn use to run the business and make the normal product lines for the rest of us?

For example, I'm pretty sure Apple bigwigs have been using the Retina display iPad for years, and now probably use an iPad somewhat like this:

"iPad X" <-- X for Xtreme; not for use for general public.

- super Retina display; quadruple pixel density as "regular" iPad 3
    - 1 terabyte SSD storage
    - 8gbs RAM
    - quad core turbo-boosted Apple A7 processor
    - iOS 7.1 (amazing connectivity with other X products on Cupertino campus, as well as other features difficult to imagine)
    - "5g", instantaneous file transfers/downloads on Apple's campus, powered by iCloud "Delta", which stores all of Apple's proprietary information.

This iPad might even have a different prototype design, too. Or it might look the same as regular iPads to disguise its vast superiority.

2. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Dammit. Now I have "imagine there's no heaven..." running through my head.

3. Archer1440 macrumors 6502a

Archer1440

OP does not understand how product development really works.

4. HelveticaNeue macrumors 6502a

HelveticaNeue

No. I doubt Apple allows prototypes of future models to float around campus. Obviously, they have prototypes of maybe the next two generations sitting in an isolated lab somewhere, as well as mockups of iPads with various features that may never see the light of day. But no, I don't think their VPs are walking around with Double-Retina displays, 1TB SSDs, etc. I'm pretty sure they will just be using the third gen models.

5. Q Bert macrumors regular

Q Bert

I highly doubt it. In order for them to deliver a great product, they must experiment and use one with the same spec as the one the public will use so that they can troubleshoot a potential problem should one arise.

6. Anlino macrumors member

No, I don't. I hardly think that Apple develop new products and technologies for tens of millions of dollar do that their executives have toys to play with.

7. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

A double retina display is pointless. A 1TB SDD that could fit an iPad probably only exists in the imagination. Same thing with appropriately sized ram. 5G would come from a carrier, and I don't think that it exists yet.

8. iohass macrumors regular

yes and those Ipad X's are able to drive their cars using the builtin 50mp cameras and ultra sensitive mics in order to navigate around town and avoid collisions. they are also water and shockproof. their siri talks to them first because it can read their mind and the imovie app allows you to put yourself inside the movies

9. therep2004 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not so sure...It would be easy to include more SSD storage, and I'm sure Apple has a prototype quad core processor to test out. I would imagine Apple has proprietary technology that they use in their headquarters. Like a regular office network, but on steroids of epic proportions.

The only thing I'm not sure of is the display. Do you think Apple is already working on a display more powerful than retina? Retina has been out for a few years since iPhone 4, so I'm wondering when the next breakthrough in display technology for mobile devices will be.

If you buy the new iPad, how future-proofed will you be with display technology?