Do you keep same colour theme with your devices?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The Game 161, Sep 17, 2015.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Anybody always go with a colour because of what colour your ipad or iphone is for example?

2. prabhat.raj786 macrumors newbie

3. elaniemay macrumors 6502

elaniemay

I don't know if I continue to choose white bezels because I want them to match as much as I just favor white bezels. That said, I think that if my iPad and iPhone didn't match, it might make me a twitch a bit because I am slightly OCD...

Edited to add: I didn't even consider the back of the device and whether or not it needs to match. If you were referencing that as well, then no, I could care less if the back matches. My iPad lives in its case. The bezel color is what matters.

4. Mr.C macrumors 601

Yes I always do although this time for the first time it's not going to be the case. My iPad Air 2 is White/Silver as is my iPhone 6 Plus but my new iPhone 6S Plus is going to be White/Gold. No doubt my next iPad will also be White/Gold.

5. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Yes. All my devices are Silver/White. The Space Gray is not my thing. I would prefer an all black phone if I ever went back.

6. Ladyc0524 macrumors member

Ladyc0524

7. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

all my devices are space gray... but that's because I like the black bezel......

I'd prefer black... so space gray is the closest I can get!

even my apple watch is space gray!

8. willmtaylor Suspended

willmtaylor

I wouldn't call it a theme, but my preference is for black/grey, so all of my devices happen to be black/grey.

9. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

For my iPhone itself, I switch between white and black every time I upgrade, which has traditionally been every two years.

10. mblogsd macrumors member

I keep all my stuff Space Grey...iPhone, iPad,  Watch, MacBook...

11. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Everything has always been the black/grey color. No need to change that. Not a social statement just like the black bezels!

12. AppleWes macrumors 6502

AppleWes

Space Gray iPhone, and SGS Watch... but had to go with Gold for MacBook (the gold and black bezel inside look great together, IMO).

It'd be interesting to see how a Gold/black bezel iPhone would look.

13. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Space Grey iPhone, silver/white iPad, silver/black MacBook Pro, silver/white strap Apple Watch.

I can't really make up my mind. I never seem to be able to buy a phone with white bezels (had it selected all the way up until checkout for both the iPhone 5 and 6+ but changed to black on both occasions) even though I think it looks nicer. I just have a concern that I'll find it too distracting day to day, but maybe that worry's unfounded.

14. rockitdog macrumors 68020

I pick space gray mainly b/c I don't like the silver or gold ring around touch ID. I like how it blends in on the space gray variants.

15. februarian macrumors 6502

februarian

I will switch it up a bit this time coming from white/gold Air 2 & 6 Plus. My 6S Plus is rose gold whereas my iPad Pro will be space gray!

16. AppleWes macrumors 6502

AppleWes

I agree, and have had a white iPhone for the last few years. Going to Space Gray for the 6s now.

I like the 'clean' look of white color but the edge/bezel does stand out too much after looking at it for years. I know it's all personal opinion though.

17. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I think my next iPhone (probably a 7) will definitely be white just to have a change after nine years of black bezel! It's OK on my white iPad, but then I generally use that for reading and internet browsing which almost blends in with the bezel.

18. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

Personally I've got a gold air 2 and ordered the 6S plus space grey and also thinking of getting the mini 4 in space grey also

19. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Been black bezels for a long time. Going white this time with the 6S+ and brown saddle leather.

20. Jonx macrumors 6502

Jonx

21. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

I have a silver/white iPad Air 2 and love it, but I don't like the look of the silver Apple Watch so I got a space grey Watch and after trying out the gold 6 Plus this year, I'm going back to space grey on the 6s Plus.

22. Bentron macrumors 6502

I was going to stick with space grey with my 6s+, but saw the midnight blue/ gold combo on the new (but not really) apple watch sport and so have taken the plunge with the gold. I reckon the silicone midnight blue case and gold iPhone should work quite nicely. :)

23. aesc80 macrumors 6502

aesc80

I'm actually doing Silver with my 6S+, as I will still be carrying my Gold 6+. Gold will signify my work mobile, while Silver will be my personal. I'm going to have some nicely protected thighs once my 6S+ joins me. :p

24. dsquared81 macrumors 6502

My preference is for white fronts. Been that way since the 4s. I like having new colors for the back to change things up so I had gold for the 5s and 6 and now the rose gold for the 6s. The last ipad i had was the air 1 in silver. I've changed things up throughout the years and had black ones temporarily but I went back to white. If the future space grays is like the new ipod touches then I could be swayed back to having a black device. I really like that shade (or darker or even back to slate) but not of the current space gray 6. I also really like the space gray macbook.

25. flur macrumors 68000

I'm in the black bezel camp. I wish Apple would give us black bezel folks some color options other than space gray, but until they do, that's my color scheme.