Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you like make up on women?

• Yes

Votes: 49 51.0%
  • No

Votes: 47 49.0%

• Total voters

Kardashian

macrumors 68020
Sep 4, 2005
Britain.
I think its fine, as long as they're happy. Make-up is about eradicating flaws and making someone feel confident.

I'm a guy - and I wear make-up (concealer, bronzer). I also get spray tans, my teeth bleached, and my hair/eyebrows/eyelashes dyed. I'm getting some tooth veneers in a few weeks, and possibly botox on my forehead.

I'm a fan of, if you don't like something - change it.

I've lost 8 stone in weight, and have another stone and a half to go.

I'm finally becoming comfortable.

So short answer: Yes.

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
Aesthetically (in general) I dislike make-up. Pragmatically (on women I know), it's awful. When snuggling or kissing a woman I know, having their face wipe off on me is utterly gross.

I'd have thought it's unhealthy for one's skin too.

fotografica

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
Boston
Done right,it doesn't bother me a bit..Done wrong,like this,and :eek::eek:

Attachments

• tammy_faye_bakker_closeup_2005-750_750.jpg
    tammy_faye_bakker_closeup_2005-750_750.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 57

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
No. I like a little bit. I don't like when women slather it on, and I don't like when they wear stuff like bright red lipstick. It looks corny and fake. I like it when a woman wears a little something to accentuate the features she already has, without making it look like she has something to hide.

On a related note, and I'm not trying to be sexist or anything, but can the women on this forum please tell me why you think it's necessary to douse yourselves in perfume? Not sure who you're doing it for, but no one appreciates it (certainly not most men at least) and it's simply not appealing. (and if you're a woman on this forum who DOESN'T do this...kudos to you :) )

InvalidUserID

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2008
Palo Alto, CA
I think it depends on the situation. For example...

If I'm going to the grocery store, probably nothing.
If I'm going to work, lite make-up.
If I'm going out, I'm going to glam it up.

Trust me...guys like at least SOME make-up. I used to show my guy co-workers those MSN bits that showed celebs without any make-up. I'd set them up with "Do you think J-Lo/Kate Hudson needs make-up" and it would be a resounding "NO" until I showed them those pics.

Everytime I see a guy oggling over Maxim/FHM/whatever, I murmur under my breath "the wonders of computer enhancing".

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
^^ Cameron Diaz with no face on? Blech!

Not wearing makeup doesn't rule out looking good, though - I've known certain gals that once in a blue moon don't have makeup on and they're still pretty attractive. ('course, put a little makeup on and they almost take your breath away..)

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
On a related note, and I'm not trying to be sexist or anything, but can the women on this forum please tell me why you think it's necessary to douse yourselves in perfume?

I don't douse and I like the smell. Depends on what you wear, and how much of it you wear as to whether some people find it attractive or not. Once again, I don't care what you think. :D

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
On a related note, and I'm not trying to be sexist or anything, but can the women on this forum please tell me why you think it's necessary to douse yourselves in perfume?
Oh I'm quite the opposite there :D I love perfume, not bitter stuff like Channel.
There was a girl at my uni who doused herself in a couple of really awesome perfumes, like smelling the inside of a Chewits wrapper.

Aesthetically (in general) I dislike make-up. Pragmatically (on women I know), it's awful. When snuggling or kissing a woman I know, having their face wipe off on me is utterly gross.

I'd have thought it's unhealthy for one's skin too.

Same reasons here too.
And I always thought it was unhealthy to sleep in the stuff, since it clogs pores (that's a daft concept in itself... If you have spots and cover them with makeup isn't that going to make the spot worse?).

Everytime I see a guy oggling over Maxim/FHM/whatever, I murmur under my breath "the wonders of computer enhancing".
Oh my yes. That's why when the topic comes up of any famous folk you fancy I can't name any. I've done photo "enhancing" on models before and seeing magazine girls just builds a mental image of what they're like before the "enhancing".
It's a shame that it's kind of necessary now. God forbid a celebrity goes to the shop without makeup... "X celebrity is ILL AND DYING". Le sigh.

comictimes

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Berkeley, California
And Axe body spray. It's horrible. HORRIBLE. JESUS HITLER CHRIST I HATE AXE BODY SPRAY.

SECONDED. Mostly because I've had room mates who like to let loose Axe-bombs and leave me to choke to death in the aftermath.

However, some light perfume on girls can be truly incredible.

As for makeup... sometimes it's attractive if done right (note- there are very VERY few girls on whom bright red lipstick looks good. Generally it's an utter disaster.. little pet peeve of mine), but in general I find girls to be more attractive without any makeup. They suddenly become real people!

InvalidUserID

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2008
Palo Alto, CA
And Axe body spray. It's horrible. HORRIBLE. JESUS HITLER CHRIST I HATE AXE BODY SPRAY.

A few girlfriends and I were out at lunch a month or so ago and this guy walked by and was (unfortunately) seated a table over from us and he smelled of this funky smell. Thankfully, we were wrapping up and rock-paper-scissored who would go up to him and ask what he was wearing. My friend lost, asked and he responded with "Axe spray".

Ugh.

I've smelled it on a few guys at the gym...I think that is the only place it is acceptable. I guess its better than BO although mass amounts of Axe makes it a close call. What is sad is that the marketing seems to be working on some poor saps...

apsterling

macrumors 6502a
Nov 24, 2007
I've smelled it on a few guys at the gym...I think that is the only place it is acceptable. I guess its better than BO although mass amounts of Axe makes it a close call. What is sad is that the marketing seems to be working on some poor saps...

I think it works alright as a body spray if you don't fire it for more than one burst, because by the 1 second mark it's hopelessly over-done.

dmr727

macrumors G4
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
There's nothing sexier than a woman that's comfortable with herself. If that's with makeup or sans makeup - whatever.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.