Do you like nerd glasses?

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
Do you like the nerd glasses that are back in style?
If so what is your favourite look and or brand?

boss.king

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
I dislike them. There are some exceptions, and these are people who suit them well. So far I have met only one such person. Most would look better with a different style. Get what suits your face, not what is cool.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
They look good on some people, they look bad on some people.

I would love to see waloshin's Create A Thread Word Wheel™. That must be how he does it so consistently, right?

Fresh Tendrils

macrumors regular
May 14, 2011
Maybe I'm old, but I can't understand the appeal of the hipster style. The thing I hate the most is the trend for guys to buy super skinny jeans that don't fit. You look dumb, buy pants that fit :p Having said that, some girls look quite hot with nerd glasses. I guess it depends on the person. If it fits with their natural style then it's OK, but if they wear that stuff because they think it will make them look cool, then they usually end up looking lame.

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA
I can't tell a difference. Other than the new ones look a little more curved down (The left part that goes behind the ear is lower), and a little different shade of black?

May 8, 2008
A) New Wayfarer

B) Old Wayfarer

What looks better?
I like and have the New Wayfarer for my sunglasses. Though you can't tell in the pictures, New Wayfarer is slightly smaller than the Old Wayfarer. When I tried on the Old Wayfarer, they were simply too big for my facial structure. They were overpowering.

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
I like and have the New Wayfarer for my sunglasses. Though you can't tell in the pictures, New Wayfarer is slightly smaller than the Old Wayfarer. When I tried on the Old Wayfarer, they were simply too big for my facial structure. They were overpowering.
Were they the 47 or 50mm ones?

NickZac

macrumors 68000
Dec 11, 2010
Personally, no. The reason is because contacts correct my vision far better than glasses can.

As others have said, it works well for some but not all. I love the Wayfarers...a classic style that is timeless. Some people look awesome in them. I wanted a pair so bad. I went to the store and tried them on, and I looked like the biggest idiot in the history of recoded time. So certain frames work better for certain faces and bodies.

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
Old Wayfarers kinda curve on the side:

While the New Wayfarers are straight.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.