Do You Passcode Lock Your iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sincereh2001, Aug 2, 2008.

?

Do You Passcode Lock Your iPhone?

1. Yes

79 vote(s)
    40.1%
  2. No

101 vote(s)
    51.3%
  3. Sometimes

17 vote(s)
    8.6%
  1. Sincereh2001 macrumors member

I love the security of having Passcode Lock on, but at times its annoying to have to unlock every time I need to use the phone, especially in the car. So I'm curious how many of you actually use this feature and also how many minutes your auto lock is set to?

2. atluten macrumors 6502

Nope. It would annoy me if I had to enter a code in every time I wanted to use the phone.

3. seamuskrat macrumors 6502a

seamuskrat

[Since I use my iPhone as more mini computer than phone I have started using passcodes.

I have so many contacts, personal notes, data in apps, and saved log in/passwords it is now a necessity. While annoying to enter the code, it does secure it better if it were lost.

My bluetooth devices work fine without entering a passcode if I receive a call.

4. vrflyer macrumors 6502

vrflyer

I have to, I travel very often out on business = sensitive info. :cool:

5. Justinerator macrumors 6502

Justinerator

I did, but I decided that for how neurotic I am, there would be a better chance of becoming a Jackie Chan stuntman (I'm a white guy... lol) than having my shiny new iPhone lost and/or stolen, and hacked, revealing my many passwords. Essentially, it became more of a bother than a blessing, if that makes any sense...

6. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

No way. I dont feel like having to type it in everytime I lock the phone

I lock and unlock a LOT during the day

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

8. stiphone macrumors regular

Nope. It's too troublesome to unlock it everytime i want to use it. I'll probably do if there is an application that allows me to edit documents on the iPhone. I'll then be having too many work documents in it to have to lock it. In the meantime, this suits me pretty well. All my passwords are locked in 1password app.

9. ThEgg macrumors newbie

I do, better safe than sorry. Should mine ever be stolen (unlikely, I stick to this phone like glue) the ******* thief has nothing to do but look at my wallpaper.

10. michaelmaxwell2 macrumors regular

I started locking my iPhone from the 1st gen iPhone. My phone was stolen phone me at knife point so even if it's glued to your hand it still can be stolen. But it was stolen on a weekend when Cingular customer service was not open he was only able to make one phone call before the phone auto-lock. I am overall happy that I didn't give someone a working phone.

11. allurbase macrumors member

I use a 4-hour passcode lock just to turn off txt msg previews.

12. justiny macrumors 6502

justiny

13. Burton8219 macrumors 6502

I would find that super annoying to have to put in a password every time you wanted to look at your phone...

14. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

I did try it but it gets a little annoying!

I think when i get my 3G and start putting all my passwords and credit cards in i will lock it!

15. bluelondon macrumors regular

same here. i tried the passcode lock for one day, and it got annoying typing in the code everytime.

16. iwitch macrumors newbie

I have a nosy man friend who oversteps his bounds so yeah, I lock the f*cker out, and I lock my mac mini too. :p

17. Rybold macrumors 6502a

Rybold

I only lock my phone sometimes. If I'm at my mother-in-law's house, you can be dammed well certain my phone will be locked. If I'm at my brother's house (he has young kids), I'll have it locked so the kids don't get into it. If the police pull me over, I'll hurry up and lock it (just kidding. I haven't been pulled over in many years). Most of the time though, it is unlocked.

18. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

indeed. My gf is always trying to get into my text messages/contacts just to be nosey, lol.
    Now I just need a way to passcode lock certain videos, bookmarks and image folders... :D

19. Sirobin macrumors 6502

Sirobin

I do. It's only annoying when I enter the code wrong...multiple times. I'm just kind of paranoid I guess...I don't worry about it being stolen, just "borrowed" by my friends and used to mess with me.

20. auggie2k macrumors member

auggie2k

I bought this, you should be very interested in it too... Kate!

[​IMG]

21. Sonicjay macrumors 6502a

Sonicjay

Same here. One thing that I've noticed, is that weird lockups/misbehavior seems to be more frequent when the passcode is enabled compared to days when I turn it off..

22. ayzee macrumors 6502a

ayzee

it is quite annoying to type the password everytime, but if someone stole your iPhone they could do some serious damage with all that personal data, especially having full access to your email account

Quite shocking looking at that poll that more people dont :eek:

23. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

It's funny how we're more afraid of them having our email than having our phone number! :D You can always just change your email password and they don't know what to change it to. It's tough, but talk like this makes me wish there was a way to go to AT&T and have them brick my phone for me if it's stolen... but then again, I don't want them to have that power.

24. slicecom macrumors 68020

I suppose I could live in constant fear, but I choose not to. I also don't always lock my front door. :eek: