Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you pee in the shower?

• Yes

Votes: 166 44.5%
  • No

Votes: 83 22.3%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 124 33.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
Never. I don't want feet that smell like urine, I don't want urine to make my whole shower smell bad, and I don't want to make the job of cleaning the shower any more difficult. When I was younger I would pee in the shower, but one day I decided it's gross and it's pretty simple to use the toilet before you get in the shower.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
This thread should be a sticky for anyone considering meeting another member offline whereby they may find themselves spending a lot of time with one another and having to actually use the shower.

I do not pee in the shower. I shower in the shower and pee in the toilet. I find it good form to pee before I shower, pee in the toilet. I simply don't think peeing takes so much time that one would find the need to consolidate tasks.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
its my chore and i make sure its damn sparkling clean

Good for you. Uric acid helps keeps those tiles clean as a whistle. :D

I bet some here let their mothers or girlfriends clean up after their shower-pissing. That poll should have been a public one. ;)

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
This thread should be a sticky for anyone considering meeting another member offline whereby they may find themselves spending a lot of time with one another and having to actually use the shower.

I do not pee in the shower. I shower in the shower and pee in the toilet. I find it good form to pee before I shower, pee in the toilet. I simply don't think peeing takes so much time that one would find the need to consolidate tasks.

Yeah, but sometimes you don't think you need to go til you're already in the shower.

teflon

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2007
Uh... NO.
I'm germaphobic, I don't really want pee to touch my legs/feet/other body parts. I guess it works better for guys, but I don't think girls can do it without risk getting sprayed.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
I've deleted some posts. Let's keep this thread as family-friendly as possible, thanks. There are kids here.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003

I do go before I shower but with 2 or 3 cups of coffee in me, the sound of water makes me go again. :D

Peeing in the shower is green- it saves water. :cool:

teflon

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2007
Yeah, but sometimes you don't think you need to go til you're already in the shower.

Which is why I usually just use the toilet whether or not I think I need to go before shower anyways. Plus, how long do you guys shower? Most people can sit though a 3 hour movie without peeing, so why not just hold it for 5 minutes?

r1ch4rd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2005
Manchester UK
I am really surprised that so many people do it. I had this discussion with friends before and everybody said they didn't.

Anyway, it sounds pretty horrible to me so I piss in the toilet (like a civilized person ;) ).

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
Urine is sterile. :D

Quote from the OP's link:
The Cool Article About Peeing In the Shower said:
According to medical reports published online, urinating in the shower can have its helpful effects, but is not encouraged. It can aid in the treatment of Athlete's Foot and genital Herpes. Also, the sound of a shower has been found in some people to actually trigger a psychological response to physically relieve oneself. University Health Services said it was unable to find actual evidence supporting any benefits to urinating in the shower.

I used to all the time - 'Course, I guess I was more juvenile at the time since I'd aim for stuff and what not. If I do now it's a very rare occasion, truthfully..

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Yup :eek:

But it's a fairly powerful shower so any fluids are washed away instantly and I always aim for the drainage hole. And I'd never do it in anyone else's shower. Or if the boiler breaks and it becomes a trickle.

Gotta be picky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.