Do you play Farmville?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by katt, Aug 15, 2012.

1. katt macrumors member

katt

Farmville is really popular and I know a lot of people who play it all day long when they have the chance. It's almost like Farmville is World of Warcraft to some people. They stay on it during all their free time and just play. It is really fun and I like playing it too, but I'm not on it a whole lot. I do wish I had more time to play on it.

I was wondering who else plays Farmville and what level you are. I'm only in my 60's right now, but some people I know are like 200+! What is your level and how often do you play? If you play you should message me and we can become friends. That way we can give each other gifts and stuff.

Oh and I found another game that is like Farmville for the iphone if anyone wants to play that with me too! It's called keri racing and its totally free. If you want to play with me just send me a message or reply here and we will play. Let me know if you want to play Farmville or the racing game okay?

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/keri-racing/id541810313?mt=8

2. soloer macrumors 6502a

soloer

I played it for a few months a couple years ago. I got tired of feeling like I had to rush to the computer at least once a day to play so I just quit.

3. Hastings101 macrumors 68000

Hastings101

I have never even tried it, I don't really like the social media games where you have to spam your friends with invites lol

4. brandyboot macrumors member

brandyboot

the app looks like a combination of farmville and dragonvalle...
    farmville, of course you need to grow "crops" to get money
    dragonvalle for the racing...

anyways, i love both apps... and i think im gonna consider trying this app as well..

thanks for sharing and best of luck! :)

5. katt thread starter macrumors member

katt

Youre welcome brandy. Let me know please if you try it out. Farmville yeah on the newsfeed it can be annoying lol.

6. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

No, I gave up my facebook account over a year ago. Good riddance!!!!!

7. Jb07 macrumors 6502

No, but I used to get invites all the time from people and it was SO annoying. I've deleted my Facebook so that's no longer a problem.

8. mrkramer, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2012

mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I played it for a little bit and then it got boring so I quit, and blocked it so I don't get all the annoying invites.

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I don't have a Facebook account, so no I don't play Farmville.

10. katt thread starter macrumors member

katt

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I just don't really need to have one.

12. Feed Me macrumors 6502a

Feed Me

No.

Facebook and Zynga are, combined, the worst way to spend your time. I prefer posting snarky comments on internet forums.

13. OnceYouGoMac macrumors 6502

Nope, never played it. I don't have a Facebook account.

14. malman89 macrumors 68000

2009 called and asked how its game is doing.

In all honesty, back in 2009 I was sucked into at least checking out Farmville - I kept getting stupid notifications from college friends at the time. Wasted a good 30 minutes on it. Never looked back.

15. NewAnger macrumors 6502a

I used to play daily for about 1.5 years then gave it up last October. It just got to be too expensive to do things and get anything good. I miss it sometimes but I like my money more.

----------

Agreed, only had a FB to play FV. No longer have it.

16. brandyboot macrumors member

brandyboot

17. katt thread starter macrumors member

katt

oh ok

lol!

youre welcome! want to play with me?

18. Ariii macrumors 6502a

Ariii

I don't really like the idea of FaceBook 'Apps' in the first place. There's no reason for them to need to be on FaceBook, and they require you to have a FaceBook. Through these Apps, I now get 7+ spam emails a day, through things that don't even sound remotely related to those Apps that I signed up for.

19. NewAnger macrumors 6502a

Facebook and Zynga made a deal obviously so that FB could get a huge chunk of the profits that Zynga brought.

With the iOS FV app, Apple got a chunk of every in app purchase because those were then billed through iTunes. If you buy FC through FB, FB gets a chunk of the pie.

Zynga is trying to move away from FB now and that is what is scaring investors. Though Zynga still had a good quarter, they were down from what they took in previously. Buying Words With Friends was also a mistake. They bought the app when its users were on the decline and still are.

20. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I played its sequel, Cityville, but got tired of it as the updates made it into having to invest serious $ to be worth your time.

21. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Played it for a little while. I ran my farm like a factory, surpassed my friends (who had been playing for over a month) in a number of days in terms of money, achievements, etc. Got bored and stopped playing.

22. jwingfie macrumors 6502a

jwingfie

Ugh, I played this for months. I will never get that time back unfortunately.

23. brandyboot macrumors member

brandyboot

i'd be glad to.. ;)