Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you prefer a white, or black bezel?

• Total voters

Daniel3102

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 17, 2014
Hey folks! So, do you prefer a white or black bezel around the screen? I know that black is less intrusive, but white picks up less finger prints, and looks cleaner. I prefer white myself becuase IMO it looks cleaner, and goes better with iOS 7's white screens (mail, notes, safari, music, clock, calender ect..).

So what do you like, and why? :apple:

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
finger prints on white iphones are still there; they're just less apparent. i flip flop on my color preference every now and then. ideally, i'd like a black front with a silver back, but that doesn't exit.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Hey folks! So, do you prefer a white or black bezel around the screen? I know that black is less intrusive, but white picks up less finger prints, and looks cleaner. I prefer white myself becuase IMO it looks cleaner, and goes better with iOS 7's white screens (mail, notes, safari, music, clock, calender ect..).

So what do you like, and why? :apple:
There's a reason I avoid upgrading to iOS 7 and dislike white iPhones. Oh yeah, because I don't like white.

Black is what I prefer and it seems for now I will be staying with my black iPhone 5 as it appears to be the last truly black (with a dark gray metal back) iPhone.

Just my preference.

juanrp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2014
Florida
I like white bezels on my phones, but recently, I've been flip flopping. All my devices are white, so I'll just probably get another white phone.

It depends on what metal finish the black iPhone has, if it has a nice, black, sleek looking finish, I'll consider getting it...but right now I'm leaning towards the silver with the white glass.

techspin

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2014
Black! It's easier to look at IMO. Don't see many monitors/TVs with white bezels, right? Maybe it's time for a change though, esp since the antenna breaks look okay to me on the gold/silver 6.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Black! It's easier to look at IMO. Don't see many monitors/TVs with white bezels, right? Maybe it's time for a change though, esp since the antenna breaks look okay to me on the gold/silver 6.

Agreed. I find white bezels distracting.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
You should include in your poll options for 'both' or 'no preference.'

I've had both colors of iPhones and I like them about equally, not one more than the other.

Altis

macrumors 68040
Sep 10, 2013
It's tough, because white goes well with web browsing, messaging, emails, etc...

Black is better for video, photos, and games.

I prefer the black front overall, can't really go wrong.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
White I think!

Although I think I'm starting to like black after having to get my last two phones in black due to stock levels.

All my Apple Devices are still white though and I like them.

I think black is better for watching videos, but white just looks better to me.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
White all the way.
I'm just waiting for the gender issue to arise as no straight men buy white iPhones lol. Oh wait :p

I just prefer the appearance of white and I like the way it compliments iOS 7. :)

Azzin

macrumors 603
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
I've just prepped my white 5S to give to my son (assuming he gets the right exam results! :D ) and I'm using a borrowed grey 5S.

Now, the phone lives in a Spigen Tough Armor case, so the rear of the phone's not visible, but I still don't like the black front!

For me, white/silver is the perfect combo and I hope is still present in the iPhone 6.

Daniel3102

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 17, 2014
White all the way.
I'm just waiting for the gender issue to arise as no straight men buy white iPhones lol. Oh wait :p

I just prefer the appearance of white and I like the way it compliments iOS 7. :)

I agree! I think it complements iOS 7 the best, and looks good with alot of wallpapers :)

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
Do you prefer a white or black bezel?

I've always had white iPhones and that's my preference. Looks very elegant and stands out more. I don't find the white border distracting at all; but then again, I don't watch movies on my iPhone, just short YouTube videos. I read in an article that the look of the white iPhone screams "Apple". I agree.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Black all the way. White bezel is too distracting when watching movies.
I've never understood that to be honest. Both my iPhone and iPad are white and I've never been distracted by the bezel. Admittedly I don't watch movies on the iPhone because its a phone, but I also don't have my line of sight drawn to the white bezel on the iPad.

Put is this way we don't complain when we sit 15 foot from our TV screens and say the contents of our living rooms distract us when watching movies. My black bezel Samsung television sits on a white cabinet with around 4 metres of oak floor in the foreground, yet I can watch it without worrying about looking at other objects. If I watch a movie on my iPad I hold it 300mm from my face and its probably less distracting than the TV. Perhaps I have a higher level of concentration for these tasks, I don't know... I can't see how either colour of bezel is better than the other for such things and it boils more down to personal preference than one being inferior than the other :)

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Black is what I prefer and it seems for now I will be staying with my black iPhone 5 as it appears to be the last truly black (with a dark gray metal back) iPhone.
Personally I don't think there is a lot of difference between the slate grey and the fully black iPhone 5 that was. Apart from of course a lot less scratches on the edge of the device that made it look pretty gash after a few months. It is preference though and while I hope Apple don't return to full black and more than likely won't, you at least get your money's worth out of the device you do have, should it stay reliable. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.