Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

odoy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2015
Germany
Yeah we know Apple loves Music. Thats the reason why Apple Music works so well or why they don't support AptX.
But do you compared the sound of wired Headphones connected to a iPhone/ Mac? Two worlds!

btw. don't know why people spent hundreds of dollars for BT headphones.
30 bucks headphones connected to a AptX supportet device sounds better than a 200 dollar headphone connected to a iPhone

Reactions: 12vElectronics

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
Had a SOL bluetooth headset and it was iffy at best (Lousy). Than I sent it back and bought a BOSE and it was night over day experience. Much better. However, I would never buy an expensive BlueTooth headset just for the iPhone. I also use it for my notebook, my Bluetooth TV and my Stereo.

Reactions: Newtons Apple

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Yeah we know Apple loves Music. Thats the reason why Apple Music works so well or why they don't support AptX.
But do you compared the sound of wired Headphones connected to a iPhone/ Mac? Two worlds!

30 bucks headphones connected to a AptX supportet device sounds better than a 200 dollar headphone connected to a iPhone

I am quite happy with how my wireless headphones sound. That is what matters to me.

Maybe less bananas?

Khalanad75

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2015
land of confusion

Um, what's apartment X?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Not an audiophile. Standard Apple wired EarPods and if the sound is in stereo I'm happy.

I also don't use Apple Music, I use Google Music which I can stream to any of my devices. And 99% of the time I'm streaming it to my Mac's speakers or my car's speakers.

David G.

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
Alaska
I remember when MacRumors forums members supplied information to people who had questions. Those were the days.

rugmankc

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2014
maybe Apple will support aptx with the elimination of the headphone jack--i doubt it

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I remember when MacRumors forums members supplied information to people who had questions. Those were the days.
I remember when users of the Internet knew how to open a new tab and take 3 seconds to look something up for themself, thus exerting the same or less effort to find an answer and at the same time not putting the onus on others.

Last edited:

Khalanad75

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2015
land of confusion
I remember when users of the Internet knew how to open a new tab and take 3 second to look something up for themself, thus exerting the same or less effort to find an answer and at the same time not inconveniencing others.

Honestly, it probably took you longer to type all that out than to just explain that it was a codec. My post was serious tongue in cheek. I didn't know what it was, but I also knew it wasn't an apartment.

But good job of getting all bent out of shape over it. Sure it does wonders for the blood pressure.
[doublepost=1465246682][/doublepost]
Seriously? I had no clue what AptX was either, but I did not think the OP was referring to an apartment...
And since you asked: http://www.aptx.com/howitworks2

Thanks!

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Honestly, it probably took you longer to type all that out than to just explain that it was a codec. My post was serious tongue in cheek. I didn't know what it was, but I also knew it wasn't an apartment.

But good job of getting all bent out of shape over it. Sure it does wonders for the blood pressure.
[doublepost=1465246682][/doublepost]

Thanks!
Not bent out of shape, and I've done tons of research for many folks on here for years. I'm happy to help those who need it. Don't waste my time accommodating laziness though.

Actually, I didn't know what it was either, so you know what I did? I opened a new tab and did a quick search myself to find out. Weird huh?

Thanks for worrying about my blood pressure. It's just fine though. Appreciate it. ;)

Reactions: Shark5150

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Bluetooth headsets are convenient and easy to use in a lot of occasions. For example I am a gym goer and I like to have a Bluetooth headset on while working out instead of fumbling around with the wired ones.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Beats Studio 2.0 Wireless headphones + Spotify set @ Rock Equalizer and 320KBPS = Armen is happy with his music experience.

zorinlynx

macrumors 604
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
What they really should do is update the Bluetooth spec so the data rate is high enough to simply support uncompressed PCM. This would result in quality equivalent to wired, plus lower latency since there's no additional codec delay.

But here we are still compressing audio just to send it to a device a few feet away. \o/

M. Gustave

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2015
Grand Budapest Hotel
What they really should do is update the Bluetooth spec so the data rate is high enough to simply support uncompressed PCM. This would result in quality equivalent to wired, plus lower latency since there's no additional codec delay.

But here we are still compressing audio just to send it to a device a few feet away. \o/

Streaming in any form would be impossible without compression, and since in a blind listening test no one can tell the difference anyway, it's a win/win.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.