Do you realize how bad the iPhone sounds?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by odoy, Jun 6, 2016.

1. odoy macrumors member

odoy

Yeah we know Apple loves Music. Thats the reason why Apple Music works so well or why they don't support AptX.
    But do you compared the sound of wired Headphones connected to a iPhone/ Mac? Two worlds!

btw. don't know why people spent hundreds of dollars for BT headphones.
    30 bucks headphones connected to a AptX supportet device sounds better than a 200 dollar headphone connected to a iPhone

2. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

Had a SOL bluetooth headset and it was iffy at best (Lousy). Than I sent it back and bought a BOSE and it was night over day experience. Much better. However, I would never buy an expensive BlueTooth headset just for the iPhone. I also use it for my notebook, my Bluetooth TV and my Stereo.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I am quite happy with how my wireless headphones sound. That is what matters to me.

Maybe less bananas?

4. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

Um, what's apartment X?

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Not an audiophile. Standard Apple wired EarPods and if the sound is in stereo I'm happy.

I also don't use Apple Music, I use Google Music which I can stream to any of my devices. And 99% of the time I'm streaming it to my Mac's speakers or my car's speakers.

6. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Google is your friend.

7. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

Seriously? I had no clue what AptX was either, but I did not think the OP was referring to an apartment...
    And since you asked: http://www.aptx.com/howitworks2

8. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

And MacRumors is not...........

9. David G. macrumors 65816

I remember when MacRumors forums members supplied information to people who had questions. Those were the days.

10. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Crowd sourced search engine?

Maybe Arn's in the wrong business… :D

11. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

I'm perfectly happy with my RHA MA600i wired IEMs. Best quality/price for me.

12. FeliApple macrumors 6502

Good bluetooth portable speaker are what I use :)

13. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

maybe Apple will support aptx with the elimination of the headphone jack--i doubt it

14. Goatllama macrumors 6502a

Goatllama

It's my apartment number. This explains all the noise complaints! I had no idea my apartment was so popular.

15. willmtaylor, Jun 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2016

willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I remember when users of the Internet knew how to open a new tab and take 3 seconds to look something up for themself, thus exerting the same or less effort to find an answer and at the same time not putting the onus on others.

16. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

Honestly, it probably took you longer to type all that out than to just explain that it was a codec. My post was serious tongue in cheek. I didn't know what it was, but I also knew it wasn't an apartment.

But good job of getting all bent out of shape over it. Sure it does wonders for the blood pressure.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 6, 2016 ---
    Thanks!

17. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Not bent out of shape, and I've done tons of research for many folks on here for years. I'm happy to help those who need it. Don't waste my time accommodating laziness though.

Actually, I didn't know what it was either, so you know what I did? I opened a new tab and did a quick search myself to find out. Weird huh?

Thanks for worrying about my blood pressure. It's just fine though. Appreciate it. ;)

18. akash.nu macrumors 68030

akash.nu

Bluetooth headsets are convenient and easy to use in a lot of occasions. For example I am a gym goer and I like to have a Bluetooth headset on while working out instead of fumbling around with the wired ones.

19. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Beats Studio 2.0 Wireless headphones + Spotify set @ Rock Equalizer and 320KBPS = Armen is happy with his music experience.

20. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

Damn. I gotta use this next time.

21. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

Apple Music does work well, for me, and my iPhone sounds great. I enjoy music so much more, and listen to so much more of it, ever since I stopped being an audiophile.

22. JackieInCo macrumors 601

I'm fine with the Apple supplied headset and always have been. I think they sound pretty darned great.

23. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

What they really should do is update the Bluetooth spec so the data rate is high enough to simply support uncompressed PCM. This would result in quality equivalent to wired, plus lower latency since there's no additional codec delay.

But here we are still compressing audio just to send it to a device a few feet away. \o/

24. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

Streaming in any form would be impossible without compression, and since in a blind listening test no one can tell the difference anyway, it's a win/win.

25. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics