Do you really WANT a free bumper?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zub3qin, Jul 14, 2010.

?

What do you want from Apple?

1. A free bumper

10 vote(s)
    7.4%
  2. A hardware fix/replacement

92 vote(s)
    68.1%
  3. An Apple Store/iTunes credit (perhaps $50)

33 vote(s)
    24.4%
  1. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

Some people are salivating at the thought of getting a free bumper from Apple.

Others think that the bumper is and ugly and wouldn't want it even if free.

Some say the real problem has nothing to do with the antenna- it is the proximity sensor.

What do you REALLY want from Apple?

2. camarobh macrumors 6502

3. themadrussian macrumors regular

I can afford a bumper - doesn't mean that I want one, for free or not.

I want a hardware fix so I can stop worrying about how I'm holding it. I haven't dropped any calls or anything, but I want it to be worry-free, and it's not.

4. gescom macrumors regular

gescom

I wouldn't mind a bumper if they still had a metal exterior edge around it. The metal look is very cool on iPhone4. I can't complain about reception myself nor can I recreate it. But I don't want to cover that cool metal. The current bumpers look a little weak is all.

5. iTzChasE macrumors 6502

iTzChasE

I want a hardware fix, but I would be happy with a Free bumper or iTunes card.

6. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I want them to start putting a transparent plastic coating on the bezel to electrically insulate it. It wouldn't even affect the looks of the phone. I want them to do this in time for my iPhone 4 purchase in January.

7. Savor Suspended

Savor

Already got a bumper.

What I really want is store credit for those who already got a bumper to help get a decent holster case. Or maybe use the $30 credit and add another $30 difference for a 2GB iPod shuffle. Get an extra white headphones that I tend to lose every six months as backup. Get a compact music player for half price along the way.

8. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Get some help. You're worrying about something that hasn't direcly affected you. And if you drop a call...the horrors! :eek:

9. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Where is the other choice? I don't want anything. I have two bumpers and my i4 is great. :)

10. rangtang macrumors member

I want an iPhone 4 that doesn't require a rubber band around it to work. My signal drops faster than a dress on prom night.

11. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

I just want people to stop whining on the forums but that wasn't an option on the poll

12. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

A separate bitching and whining forum might do the trick. :mad:

13. themadrussian macrumors regular

Heh. I just mean that I don't like the idea that if I'm in an area with poor-ish signal to begin with, holding the phone slightly wrong will cause problems. I like the products that I buy to be, you know, fully functional.

14. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Just like Data.

15. draz macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't want a free bumper... as I would just be buying myself another case to use anyways

So credit pls?

16. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

I got a free bumper already but... I dunno. I haven't been able to replicate the problem so I'm not all that concerned. :eek:

17. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I have a bumper and I can't stand it. Bought the Speck Candyshell to replace it.

18. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

My phone works perfectly, but I'll take the credit. Already have three bumpers, two of which were sent as replacements for the first one.

19. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

A free bumper would be MORE than sufficient.

A recall is totally unnecessary — unless it's killing babies or causing a car's breaks to fail, a recall is not needed whatsoever. Return it to the store if you don't like it. Or just accept a free bumper.

20. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Where is an option for return and go for Android phone that you can actually hold anyway you want?

21. zub3qin thread starter macrumors 65816

zub3qin

What is a bumper going to do for me? My proximity sensor doesn't work- i have no antenna problems.

Apple is going to wash their hands of this phone and all its problems by giving out 99 cent rubber band bumpers which will do NOTHING for the sensor problem.

22. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

YOU are the one who mentioned the bumper in your OP. Now it's the proximity sensor. Have you gone in for a replacement? Until you've had a few replacement phones that fail to fix your issue, you are fanning the flames. As most reports indicate a case/bumper/duct tape fix the reception issue, this should remain the focus. If you are having additional issues with your proximity sensor, please do not muddy the waters by lumping it with the reception issue.

All Apple needs to do is admit there is a problem with the antenna desing that causes problems with some users under normal use and offer a free bumper that resolves the issue, or give full refunds.

People who want more are greedy.
    People who want a hardware fix are unrealistic (iPhone 5 in 2011) will be the "fix".

23. gescom macrumors regular

gescom

What I really want is some free tacos right now! :D

24. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

Nobody asked you ..move on

25. zub3qin thread starter macrumors 65816

zub3qin

1) I did mention the prox sensor in my initial post- read again.
    2) I did go in for replacement
    3) my focus is not reception, or camera or sensor-- it is simply getting a working trouble free phone, whatever user's problems may be.