Do you regret buying a white iPhone 4S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rocknblogger, Oct 24, 2011.

1. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

I bought the 32GB white and while I like it it's not as white as I thought it was going to be. Especially under incandescent light it has a more off-white look to it. Outside and under fluorescent light it looks whiter. And on the Apple website the white one just pops. It looks bright white :)

Don't get me wrong, I love my iPhone but I'm curious about what others think about.

2. EvoNiner1986 macrumors regular

3. RedReplicant macrumors 6502a

I haven't even gotten it in the mail yet and I am a little bit.

4. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

I don't regret it a bit. I was nervous when I ordered it, but I've come to really like the change. And the phone itself is perfectly white...it's the lighting, as you said. Nothing can be done for the way indoor lighting reflects off white objects. Don't regret your decision. White is awesome.

5. zflauaus macrumors 65816

Generally, incandescent lightbulbs have a warm light that makes white objects an off-white color. The iPhone on Apple's site is a rendering so of course it's going to look perfect.

I don't regret my decision one bit.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, I like it.
    Maybe you're beeing a little too anal about it?

7. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

8. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

On my 4th white iPhone ... Haven't regret any of them... I'm hoping they keep the white ones coming

9. MayBee macrumors 6502

no regret....I always had a black phone... and I love it.... I get people saying "is that the new iPhone"...

I never got that type of attention when I had black phones :)

also, if you ever get bored of the color, then get a color case :)

10. Advil macrumors 6502a

after having the black iphone 4 for almost a year and a half, i absolutely love my white iphone 4S.. awesome change of pace.

11. orange42 macrumors 6502a

I don't wanna say I regret, but I do think the opposite of you. I think it's too bright and stands out too much which kinda makes me want the black one, but I don't care enough to do whatever process is needed to return and switch.

12. ron808 macrumors regular

ron808

I love my iPhone.

WHITE is alright!

No regrets at all.

13. mattdo93 macrumors 6502

mattdo93

It looks amazing. I hardly see fingerprints and it really stands out in public because ALOT of other phones are black/gray.

14. aawil macrumors 6502a

aawil

Nope, I like it a lot better than my black i4

15. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

White really brings out the Apple-factor, along with the white MacBook, iMac, and 5th gen iPod :)

16. kalt macrumors regular

The main reason I didn't upgrade from my (white) 3GS to the iPhone 4 was because no white version was available. By the time it FINALLY was available, the new iphone was just a few months away. I'm actually glad, if the iphone 4 had come out with white at the time of release, I'd be all whiny and upset now about not being eligible to upgrade to the 4S... and I'd be playing sour grapes saying how there's not that much difference, basically the same phone, blah blah. My white 3GS served me quite well for the last year and a half. I wouldn't even think of getting a black 4S. All cellphones are black/dark gray. Having the option of a white version is a privilege and a luxury you get from buying an iphone. Why would you want your phone to look like a samsung?

Mine is perfectly white, by the way. If I were to look at it under a red light, it would look a red. Just the lighting...

17. SAL8116 macrumors regular

SAL8116

All true. I love my decision to go from a black IP4 to a white IP4S. Very happy!

18. Guinnessfan macrumors newbie

i waited 4.5 hours in line to upgrade to the 3G and at that point only had the option of getting white....and even though i preferred black i still loved that phone

19. Eilene macrumors regular

Eilene

This is my first white iPhone & I absolutely LOVE it!!! I even have the white Element Vapor Pro case on it and it makes me feel special.
    Mine is really white!

20. clumsythief83 macrumors regular

I like my white 4s so far, Have had the black 2g, black 3gs and the black 4. Wanted to make a change. However, I've had the white classic iPod in the past, and it turned very yellowish, because I have sweaty hands. Hopefully my iPhone 4s will stay white.

21. Guinnessfan macrumors newbie

in all honesty you shouldnt worry there will a new one next year, lol

22. MacBreezy macrumors regular

MacBreezy

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I've had the black iPhone since the original iphone came out. Saw a white iPhone 4 at the apple store and really liked it so I decided to change it up and go with a white one for the 4s. I love the way this phone looks and I seem to get a lot more people ask me about the iPhone when they see it.

23. ECUSnare macrumors regular

Nope, I love my white iPhone 4. Sexy as hell.

24. spikefood macrumors regular

I've had every single iPhone since the first one and they have all been black. Since there was no redesign this year, I decided that getting a white iPhone would give me that redesign feel. And I'm very happy with my decision. I feel as if the screen looks better and has a better look to it with the white border.