Do You Remove Your Case To Admire Your iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by matty1551, Sep 20, 2014.

1. matty1551 macrumors 6502

I find myself constantly removing my protective case to admire my iPhone naked.

This is especially true with my newly acquired iPhone6 but even with my iPhone5 I would probably take it out of its case once a week or so and enjoy using it in all its beauty.

Anyone else do this?

2. Gooberton macrumors 65816

Lol. No I just am glad I don't use a case. Made that mistake before

3. adammull macrumors 6502a

adammull

4. that be me macrumors 6502

5. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Yes, the phone is beautiful caseless. But it gets dinged up and scratched without one. :(

6. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

Maybe twice the first day I own it. Then I only remove it to clean the crud out periodically.

7. matty1551 thread starter macrumors 6502

Do You Remove Your Case To Admire Your iPhone?

Only in very soft and safe places, right guys?

8. HYPOKON2000 macrumors member

HYPOKON2000

I do. Did it with the 5 once in while. But glad I had it on when I dropped it on the street or sidewalk about 5 times in the 2 years I used it. The case I use for the 6 is soft and slim and very easy to take off which I do a lot when I'm home.

9. Moshe1010 macrumors 6502a

I guess it would be more beneficial in the long run to admire naked things that are actually living organisms.

10. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

11. stasha macrumors 6502

yes im still waiting my plus,but i do that with my 5,the gold is very beautiful colour its very soft colour i take off the case like hmm 2 times a day just to admire it.

12. ozziegn macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

I never use any iPhone without a case. We have this thing on Earth called gravity. This can and usually wreaks havoc on our beloved iPhones.

13. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

I admire it all the time because Im going naked this time around with Apple care .

14. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

Applecare doesn't protect your phone from dents, scratches, or scuffs.

Why do so many people think Applecare serves the same purpose as a case?

15. mrbadbeard macrumors newbie

mrbadbeard

No

Clear case. No need to remove it to admire it. :cool:

16. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

17. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Yup I take it off every day

----------

Yup on my bed

18. SweetDove macrumors regular

I do when I'm trying to show someone the phone, the iphone is an impressive piece of art, and it's hard to show that to someone with a clunky case on.

This time around I'm thinking about getting a hard carved rosewood bumper (the same wood used in violins and rather high up on the hardness scale) I've dropped my phone a few times in the year I've had it so I'm still unsure.

19. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

Make sure you get a case for the bumper too.

20. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

No. The only time I take the case off is to clean it or the phone! I do admire the designs when I'm at the Apple Store though.

21. gagecloutier macrumors member

No, I admire my iPhone 6+ so much that I don't even use a case at all. :cool:

Did the same with my iPhone 4 and iPhone 5, no problems. I'm extremely careful with my electronics.

22. Tekzilla macrumors regular

Tekzilla

I do it once every few weeks. Especially with the 4. Less so with the 5 and much less so with the 3G but I still did it from time to time.

The 4 is definitely my favorite design.

23. Fattytail macrumors 6502a

This is hilarious. There is a thread like this every year. I suppose it's a testament to Jony Ive's team.

My own personal solution is to get a thin clear case that lets the iPhone show through and still feels naked. I'm surprised cases like the Caudabe Veil don't come up more often in these discussions given how popular it is.

http://www.caudabe.com/collections/iphone-6-accessories/products/the-veil-ip6-frost

My number one weapon to combat bulge and unsightly-ness on my beautiful iPhone.

24. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

I had my iPhone 5 in an Otterbox Defender for a long time. I would take it out maybe once every two weeks on average to clean the dust out. What happened? The rubber now fits like dog **** from being stretched just that little bit every time.

For other types of cases that snap onto/over the phone in a way that 'rubs' it, I think it'll cause scuffs eventually. Maybe not a big deal though.

I've got THIS case on my iPhone 6 now and it's one that sort of 'rubs' snapping on, but I like it for the most part so far. I probably won't take it off as much because it fits really well and I don't see much dust getting in like the OtterBox.