Do You Remove Your Case To Admire Your iPhone?

matty1551

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2009
I find myself constantly removing my protective case to admire my iPhone naked.

This is especially true with my newly acquired iPhone6 but even with my iPhone5 I would probably take it out of its case once a week or so and enjoy using it in all its beauty.

Anyone else do this?

matty1551

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2009
Do You Remove Your Case To Admire Your iPhone?

Only in very soft and safe places, right guys?

HYPOKON2000

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2013
Long Island, NY
I do. Did it with the 5 once in while. But glad I had it on when I dropped it on the street or sidewalk about 5 times in the 2 years I used it. The case I use for the 6 is soft and slim and very easy to take off which I do a lot when I'm home.

Moshe1010

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2010
I guess it would be more beneficial in the long run to admire naked things that are actually living organisms.

stasha

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2014
Montréal
yes im still waiting my plus,but i do that with my 5,the gold is very beautiful colour its very soft colour i take off the case like hmm 2 times a day just to admire it.

ozziegn

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2007
Central FL Area
I never use any iPhone without a case. We have this thing on Earth called gravity. This can and usually wreaks havoc on our beloved iPhones.

SweetDove

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2012
I do when I'm trying to show someone the phone, the iphone is an impressive piece of art, and it's hard to show that to someone with a clunky case on.

This time around I'm thinking about getting a hard carved rosewood bumper (the same wood used in violins and rather high up on the hardness scale) I've dropped my phone a few times in the year I've had it so I'm still unsure.

IllIllIll

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2011
This time around I'm thinking about getting a hard carved rosewood bumper (the same wood used in violins and rather high up on the hardness scale) I've dropped my phone a few times in the year I've had it so I'm still unsure.
Make sure you get a case for the bumper too.

Retired Cat

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2013
No. The only time I take the case off is to clean it or the phone! I do admire the designs when I'm at the Apple Store though.

gagecloutier

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
No, I admire my iPhone 6+ so much that I don't even use a case at all. :cool:

Did the same with my iPhone 4 and iPhone 5, no problems. I'm extremely careful with my electronics.

Tekzilla

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2011
Shoreham, NY
I do it once every few weeks. Especially with the 4. Less so with the 5 and much less so with the 3G but I still did it from time to time.

The 4 is definitely my favorite design.

Fattytail

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2012
This is hilarious. There is a thread like this every year. I suppose it's a testament to Jony Ive's team.

My own personal solution is to get a thin clear case that lets the iPhone show through and still feels naked. I'm surprised cases like the Caudabe Veil don't come up more often in these discussions given how popular it is.

http://www.caudabe.com/collections/iphone-6-accessories/products/the-veil-ip6-frost

My number one weapon to combat bulge and unsightly-ness on my beautiful iPhone.

powerstrokin

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
I had my iPhone 5 in an Otterbox Defender for a long time. I would take it out maybe once every two weeks on average to clean the dust out. What happened? The rubber now fits like dog **** from being stretched just that little bit every time.

For other types of cases that snap onto/over the phone in a way that 'rubs' it, I think it'll cause scuffs eventually. Maybe not a big deal though.

I've got THIS case on my iPhone 6 now and it's one that sort of 'rubs' snapping on, but I like it for the most part so far. I probably won't take it off as much because it fits really well and I don't see much dust getting in like the OtterBox.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.